Solved

Bigcommerce abandoned cart email duplicate product issue and Checkout URL won't retrieve the products.

• 25 January 2024
  • 3 replies

Badge

I did test the built-in flow provided by Klaviyo, and I’m getting the same issue, is there any way to get rid of this duplicate product, or clean this up?

icon

Best answer by Taylor Tarpley 5 February 2024, 17:21

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hi there @4nkown

Welcome to the Community! Happy to help! 

Upon investigation of you video, it actually looks like the issue here might be that your Started Checkout metric is recording duplicate items. So you dynamic table might actually be working correctly, however this metric is actually the issue. I would recommend reaching out to our Support team to investigate this further and see if this is isolated to specific products or all products to learn how to rectify this for you! 

Thank you for participating in the Community! 

-Taylor 

Badge

Hi there @4nkown

Welcome to the Community! Happy to help! 

Upon investigation of you video, it actually looks like the issue here might be that your Started Checkout metric is recording duplicate items. So you dynamic table might actually be working correctly, however this metric is actually the issue. I would recommend reaching out to our Support team to investigate this further and see if this is isolated to specific products or all products to learn how to rectify this for you! 

Thank you for participating in the Community! 

-Taylor 

Actually I already opened a ticket for this issue and support already provided their feedback.

Please see below.

Hi Jimmy,

My name is Manuel and I've been assigned to assist you with this request today. Happy to help you get started in the right direction!

I understand that you identified that duplicate products are being showing in the "Abandoned checkout flow". My thorough review of this Klaviyo flow confirms its overall correctness about the set up. On the other hand, it just looks like the user's started checkout event was sent to Klaviyo with those products broken up into two lines.

?name=Screenshot\+2024-01-24\+at\+10.17.04%E2%80%AFAM.png

As well the event data also looks to be broken up into two different products in the order:

?name=Screenshot\+2024-01-24\+at\+10.20.11%E2%80%AFAM.png

Additionally, BigCommerce formatted the event/product info and passed it to Klaviyo. Klaviyo would just populate data into email templates in the way that BigCommerce sends it to Klaviyo.

I hope this information helps. If you have any other questions, feel free to reach out! I'm happy to help.

Best,
Manuel at Klaviyo Support

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hi @4nkown

Thanks for following up! I saw another ticket you had opened with a Support member and I’ll share what our expert shared to help anyone else dealing with this similar issue!

This is an ongoing situation with the Bigcommerce's built-in metric in Klaviyo. At this point, there is not a way for Klaviyo to reformat Bigcommerce’s data to remove duplicate items with the same name, even if they are a variant. Unfortunately, our team is unable to retrieve the user’s checkout URL from BigCommerce as they do not pass a Checkout URL with this event.

The only data that can be used within the flow is data that is passed in the Started Checkout event that triggers the flow. Unfortunately, this event does not include a link to each customer’s specific checkout. Therefore, within any Flow triggered by Started Checkout, there is no cart URL and we can only send profiles to the cookie-reliant cart.php page.

However, if you would like to send customers straight to their checkout page rather than their cart, you can also use {{ organization.url|trim_slash }}/checkout. This URL is also based on cookies and will send customers straight to the checkout page if they click the link from the same device and browser they initially used to start the checkout.

We are submitting a feature request to our product team to include a rebuilt cart URL in BigCommerce metrics in future updates of the platform! 

Hope this helps,

Taylor