Solved

Can I generate coupon codes with the costumer's first name as the coupon?

• 5 November 2021
  • 2 replies

• Anonymous
  • 0 replies

Is it possible to autogenerate coupons with their first name as it + a few digits in the abandoned cart?

I want to make custom codes for example: Mathias abandonds a cart. He recieves the first e-mail with at custom code called “Mathiasxxxx” for example. And if Tina does the same she recieves a coupon with “Tinaxxxx”. Is that possible, and how?

Best Regards

icon

Best answer by Taylor Tarpley 5 November 2021, 16:22

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hi @MathiasRex

Thanks for sharing your question and welcome to the Community! 

Love the idea of adding another personalized element to your emails! Unfortunately, we cannot use  dynamic variables/syntax  in coupon code prefixes as our dynamic coupon generator doesn't accept them as a prefix field.

Thanks for sharing your question with the Community! 

-Taylor 

Hi @MathiasRex

Thanks for sharing your question and welcome to the Community! 

Love the idea of adding another personalized element to your emails! Unfortunately, we cannot use  dynamic variables/syntax  in coupon code prefixes as our dynamic coupon generator doesn't accept them as a prefix field.

Thanks for sharing your question with the Community! 

-Taylor 

I can't believe you still haven't developed something so simple and logical... 
Isn't it in your roadmap?
You should pass it on to the recommendation department!

If the problem lies in the number of coupons with the same name that could exist at the same time (e.g. if 3 EMMAs are to receive this code, we've created 3 codes with identical names 'EMMA'), then it's very simple, we just add an ID reference at the end of the coupon (e.g. EMMA-1, EMMA-2, EMMA-3, etc.). The system adds a number for each coupon if one with the same name already exists. Once the coupon for EMMA-1, for example, has expired, the system sees it as free and can reissue one with this name).