Solved

Can't re import a shopify notification template to Klaviyo which is exported from Klaviyo

• 17 February 2023
  • 1 reply

Badge +1

Hi,

Thanks for your help in advance.

I was tring to update a shopify notification template, i make some design change (no dynamic code update), when i try re imporing it as custom html, it gives me some errors

Error 1: We found the following error in your HTML. Could not parse the remainder: ': "%m/%d/%Y"' from 'date | date: "%m/%d/%Y"'

Upload HTML File

Error 2:  We found the following error in your HTML. Invalid template filter: 'product_img_url'

Upload HTML File

Those codes originally came from the mother tempalte that i exported from Klaviyo.

Is it even possible to re import a shopify notification to klaviyo as html? If not, where are the correct variables to use instead of those? Why Klaviyo made it too complex to use?

However, i was able to import that to shopify and got nice result, but i want to send it via Klaviyo, and not shopify.

Thanks for your help in advance.

Best Regards

icon

Best answer by stephen.trumble 17 February 2023, 21:41

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hey @AnupKM 

Thank you so much for asking for help with your Shopify notification email.

The errors you are seeing is because there are template variables used that are only recognized in Shopify as the template is specifically meant to exported into Shopify. Re importing those tags will not be recognized by Klaviyo. When you're importing custom HTML, you want to ensure that it doesn't have any Shopify liquid tags that aren't recognized in Klaviyo.

It may be easier to work off of the Shopify notification template that should already be in your Klaviyo account. See: How to personalize and export Shopify notification emails.

If you want to send Shopify notification through Klaviyo you will need to disable them in your Shopify account first. The Shopify notification templates that can be turned off in Shopify depend on whether or not you are using Shopify Plus. All users can disable the following Shopify notification emails:

• Abandoned checkout notification
  • Shipping confirmation
  • Delivery updates, including local delivery

Check out this guide that details which notification emails cannot be turned off for those customers, and which can be turned off in Shopify Plus: How to disable notification emails sent by Shopify.
You can send most Shopify notification emails in Klaviyo (we have a great guide to creating an Abandoned Cart Flow, and you can browse the Flow Library as well for other templates). The templates in our flows library will use data from your Shopify store and customer profiles while using Klaviyo template variables for proper functionality with our platform.

Hope this helps!