Solved

Static product block cannot be cloned in templates across accounts

• 2 May 2024
  • 1 reply

Badge

Hello,

I've noticed an issue with the new cloning feature. It appears that static products cannot be cloned from one account to another. Specifically, when I add static products to a template or campaign in one account and clone it, the product blocks appear empty when I open the cloned template or campaign in another account. Just to clarify, all static products are accessible across all our accounts.

Previously, before the introduction of the new cloning feature, this process worked seamlessly, with all products being cloned along with the template or campaign. Our workflow typically involved creating a campaign, saving it as a template in one account, and then cloning it to another account.

If this change is intentional, it presents a significant inconvenience as it now requires much more manual work. Could we please revert to the previous functionality, or if there's something I'm missing, could someone provide guidance on how to resolve this issue?

Kind regards, 

Julia

icon

Best answer by Taylor Tarpley 6 May 2024, 16:08

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hi there @Julia de Rouw

Thanks for sharing your question about cloning templates with the Community! 

I can see you also raised this question to support and have gotten your answer, but I’d like to share it more broadly with the other members of the Community in case someone has the same question.

This change you’ve experienced is expected behavior as our portfolio feature launch has changed how cloning functions, including in Product Blocks, to improve our overall cloning ability between accounts. However, I can see how this might slow down your work process so I am sharing this feedback with our Templates team!

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us as our feature has just launched, this will allow us to keep making this feature better and better!

-Taylor