Solved

Code showing up on email campaign when using new editor

• 23 February 2023
  • 5 replies

Badge +1

I am updating some templates so that they are using the new editor as opposed to the classic one and for the most part everything is as it should be, but I am running into a weird issue that I am not able to get fixed. On the very bottom of the emails we have the block for View Online | Unsubscribe | Privacy Policy. In the classic editor this block looks normal when sent to test, it shows up looking exactly like it does in the editor (screenshot below).

When I copied this block into a new section while using the new editor, the block appears normal in the preview screen within Klaviyo, but shows up looking like the screenshot below on both desktop and mobile previews. Basically all of the link info for View Online and Unsubscribe is seen on the viewer’s end. The Private Policy does not show all of this info due to it being a real url link as opposed to a variable for the previous two. How can I fix this from showing up moving forward?

icon

Best answer by KatherineB 23 February 2023, 16:01

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +21

Hi @MikeK thanks for posting in the Klaviyo community! Do you have separate mobile and desktop versions?

Also, are you using the template tags for the view online and Unsubscribe? For unsubscribe you can use 

{% unsubscribe %}

for unsubscribe and  {% web_view %} to view online. If that’s not the problem, would you mind posting a screenshot of the block set-up itself in Klaviyo?

Here’s more information about template tags https://help.klaviyo.com/hc/en-us/articles/115005084927-Guide-to-Template-Tags-and-Variable-Syntax#unsubscribe6

Badge +1

Hi, thanks for your quick reply! I have a screenshot below of how it is currently set up. We made this email template using the old editor so the issues started happening when I rebuilt the former within the new editor. There is just one version for both desktop and mobile with the new editor allowing us to hide spacers and rearrange things to view properly on mobile. Our only issue is the bottom where the UNSUBSCRIBE and VIEW ONLINE buttons are. The Private Policy is a real link, that does work properly. I do see now that there is an extra word in our version, link, perhaps this is causing the issue. Screenshot below showing the block in question:

Badge +1

I made the change to those areas and added in the codes without the word ‘link’ in them. The same issue seems to be happening, unfortunately

Userlevel 6
Badge +21

Hi @MikeK hmmm this is a little bizarre. Have you tried deleting that bar and creating a brand new one?

Also, looking a little closer at the code that shows up, it looks like quotation marks might be input incorrectly. ie. 

“ style=’color:#fff;font-style:normal …. 

should be something like <span style=”color:#fff; font-style:normal; font-weight:normal; text-decoration:none; display:inline-block; background:transparent; font-family:Helvetica Neue, arial; font-size:14px; line-height:100%; letter-spacing:0; margin:0; text-transform:none; padding-10px 10px 10px 10px; mso-padding-alt:0; border-radius:5px” 

If that doesn’t work, I would email or live chat Klaviyo support (there is a link at the top right of your Klaviyo nav called “support”. 

Badge +1

Thank you so much for your reply! I will take a closer look at the suggestion above and recreate the section. If that doesnt work, I will give the live chat a try. Thanks again, very much appreciated!