Solved

Coupon code with expiry date in email flow (WC)

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

Hi all! 
I’m trying to add either automatically generated unique 1. Coupon code with expiry time (24h for example) OR 2. Link (with coupon code with expiry time added) that takes directly to our e-store. Since all the emails are going out automatically within the abandoned cart flow, the codes should be with expiry times according when they are automatically sent out. I really hope that makes sense! 
I can’t generate the codes in Woocommerce, since  Klaviyo doesn't support the webhook and we could not set an expiration for coupons that are used in the Klaviyo email, it should be set manually.

icon

Best answer by Dov 28 April 2021, 16:14

View original

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +61

Hi @Liisi,

Thank you for sharing your question with the Klaviyo Community.

Currently our WooCommerce integration does not allow for access to dynamically-generated unique coupon codes, though our product team is working on building this out for future implementation.  At this time, using the Uploaded Coupons option is the only option that we have available for WooCommerce. 

This feature is not on by default. To turn it on, navigate to Account > Settings > Account Maintenance. Toggle on the Uploaded Coupons option. 

2020-10-14_16-40-22.png

Once you enable uploaded coupons, you will see a corresponding tab in Coupons

There are some important things to note when uploading coupons using this method.

• Klaviyo doesn't maintain any metadata on your coupons. This means we don't know how much the code is worth, what the expiration period is, which restrictions there are on the code's use.
  • You are responsible for ensuring the validity and expiration dates that these codes will work at your point of sale system.
  • You can set an expiration date when adding coupon codes, but this date only applies to how long the coupon codes are available in your Klaviyo account. Please note that dates are in the UTC time zone.

Thanks and have a great day.

Userlevel 7
Badge +44

It would be an awesome addition if Klaviyo would be able to have this for other platforms besides Shopify.

Userlevel 7
Badge +61

Hi @Omar,

Thank you for your feedback!

Klaviyo can currently auto-generate unique coupons in emails for Shopify, Magento 1, and Magento 2 stores. You’ll find more details on that here.

And I can confirm that implementing Unique Coupon Codes for WooCommerce is being surveyed by our product team for potential future implementation :)

Thanks and have a wonderful day.

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

Hi all,

My shopping cart is WooCommerce and, like Liisi,  I would like to be able to give unique coupon codes on my welcome and abandoned cart flows, like those available on Shopify.

Any idea on when Klaviyo will implement such integration (for WooCommerce)? 

When that integration is available, will all Klaviyo users (or at least those on WooCommerce) get notified? Or do we need to keep checking ourselves?

Looking forward, with abate breath :-)!

beambiance

Userlevel 7
Badge +61

Hi @itdawnsonthegreen,

That is a great question.

There is no timetable for a release just yet, however, there will be a notification that goes out since this would be a major feature release. Stay tuned :)

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

Hi @dov.derin ,

I await with bated breath :joy:

Badge +1

Any update on this? Starting to feel like everything we try to implement just can’t work with woocommerce :( 

Badge +3

Hi everyone!

We’ve released a new version of our Klaviyo Toolkit plugin that supports dynamic generation of coupon codes for Klaviyo with WooCommerce. No more bulk import or static coupons!

You can read about how it works and how to set it up here:

https://www.madebytribe.com/how-to-dynamically-generate-single-use-coupon-codes-for-klaviyo-with-woocommerce/

You can check out the Klaviyo Toolkit plugin here:
https://www.madebytribe.com/products/klaviyo-toolkit-woocommerce/

Happy to answer questions!

Badge

Hi @TRIBE 

I'm interested in purchasing the toolkit but wanted to understand better how the dynamic coupon code generation works.

In short, i want to generate a time-sensitive coupon that will appear in a a thank you email that purchasing customers will receive immediately after they purchase a product. I want them to then have 72 hours, for example to use the coupon.

My question is regarding how/when the generation and expiry functions work. The page says:

"1. A shopper initiates the checkout process & we generate a coupon

First, when an existing customer starts checkout, the Klaviyo Toolkit plugin will automatically create a coupon code and limit the use of that code only to this person’s email address. If they aren’t logged in or are a new shopper, we’ll generate a coupon when they enter their email address in the email field on checkout. "

Ok so code is generate when they initiate checkout or enter email if new user. But what happens with a 72 hour time expiry if they then abandon cart during that session and then return later to complete the purchase? Will the timer reset from when they actually complete the purchase and/or will a new code be generated then?

Those people will already be in a different abandon cart flow and it may take them time to complete the purchase (a high percentage of our customers do in fact do exactly this) that eats into or eclipses the 72 hour period from time of coupon generation. WHich would make the thank you email in those cases ineffective.

Can you clarify/help? If we can get this concern sorted I'm highly motivated to purchase the plugin ASAP today.

Badge +3

The code will only remain active until the expiration date set when the coupon was created. If they revisit checkout after the expiration date, the expiration date will not be extended and a new code will not be generated.