Solved

Coupon Codes are Still set To Zero

• 15 February 2023
  • 3 replies

Badge +5

Hi there,

I have added a Shopify coupon and it’s for a flow (and has a varied expiration date) so I know I can’t add the codes myself but it still says zero codes available… does that mean it’s not set up correctly? My flow is live so I don’t want folks getting coupons that don’t work… 

I thought I’d automatically see 100 codes. 

icon

Best answer by David To 15 February 2023, 16:57

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hello @Maggie,

Welcome to the Klaviyo Community!

Sounds like you’re doing everything right so far! It’s not surprising to see 0/0 codes available if your flow is new and/or if that flow email containing the discount code has not sent to anyone yet. 

This is because when using a discount code in flows, discount codes are not generated until send time - not when the discount code is created or added into a flow email. 

After that email containing the code has begun sending though, you should see those available codes update to display something like XX/100 (or more).

As mentioned in Using your coupon in a flow email section of our How to create unique coupon codes for Shopify Help Center article, coupon codes for flows are replenished automatically, you won't need to manually add batches of coupon codes via the Add Codes option. You would only really need to add codes if you’re sending coupons via campaigns which needs to have enough codes generated prior to send time. 

I hope this helps!

David

Badge +5

Ah! Ok that makes sense. Thanks so much!

Badge

The problem comes from the bad naming of the fields which suggest you are going to run out of codes.

It should be Generated / Sent instead of Available / Total.