Solved

Coupon minimum purchase requirement not reflected in shopify discount code

• 19 February 2024
  • 1 reply

Badge

Hello, 

I set up a coupon code in Klaviyo that is $10 off with a minimum purchase amount of $50. The code is sent out as part of a welcome flow when the customer signs up to my newsletter, each customer gets a unique code that can be used once When the coupon is created in shopify the minimum purchase amount is set to “no minimum requirements”, so customers are buying products with a value less than $50!

Can anyone help me please?

Thanks

icon

Best answer by ebusiness pros 19 February 2024, 18:21

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +24

Hi @clarebear99!

The best way to ensure there’s a minimum purchase requirement for a discount code is to create that discount directly in Shopify. From there, you can set up the coupon in Klaviyo and link it to the Shopify discount you set up if you’re wanting to use dynamic codes that are unique to each recipient. 

Otherwise, you can use the Shopify “share” feature of the discount to get the link that will automatically apply the discount to people’s carts when they click, and embed that in a button in your email. I’d recommend you also share the discount code in the email so people can see it in case they prefer to copy/ paste the code into the cart, or they end up shopping in multiple sessions and the auto-applied discount doesn’t carry over to all devices. 

Best of luck!

Gabrielle