Solved

Coupons: How to select product variants instead of all variants when setting up a dynamic coupon?

• 24 March 2022
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Hi there,

I’m hoping to set up a dynamic coupon in Klaviyo that’s linked to my company’s shopify page. I went to select which products the coupon would apply to, but it does not look like I’m able to select products at the variant level. (For instance, we have 1lb, 5lb and 20lb bags. I only want to offer the coupon on the 5lb bag variant across several different product types). 

Is making a selection at this level possible? I’d love to be able to use the seamlessness of the dynamic coupon option to have this live within a flow.

icon

Best answer by David To 24 March 2022, 18:21

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hey @aereid,

When you’re creating coupons that are only applied to specific products, you could only manually designate them by name and not at the variant level. A workaround to this would be to capture all the products and product variants you want the discount code to be applied to and group them within their own collection within your Shopify backend.

You can then set the coupon’s Applied to setting to be this collection you’ve created, allowing the coupon to only be applicable these select products. 

I hope this helps! 

David

Badge +1

I’ve just tried the solution suggested, but it seems that specific variants can’t be added to a collection in Shopify…? Any other solution to this issue please, as I have a similar requirement.

Thanks

Neddy

Hey @Neddy, I might be too late here but just stumbled upon this with the same issue.

What my workaround was, was to use a Shopify Bulk Discount Code tool like ‘Bulk Discount Code Bot’, create the coupons manually with the specific variants and then upload that coupon list manually to Klayvio.

Cheers - Tony from Gest