Solved

Creating a New product alert Flow, to a specific research

• 26 September 2023
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Hi,

We would like our clients to create an alert on our website and receive an email every week, with the new products.

Is there a way to do it easily with Kaviyo ?

Brainstorming about solutions, I was wondering if it was possible to collect the criterias of a user research (i.e brand, price, ...) and filter a Klaviyo product feed with those criterias ? This way I would be able to show the products corresponding to its alert.

Thanks for your help,

Laurent

icon

Best answer by Taylor Tarpley 26 September 2023, 22:52

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hi there @Laurent

Good to see you again! Happy to help!

Essentially, there isn’t a way to automate new product drops. Whenever you add a new item into your collections that doesn’t send an alert in Klaviyo, we simply just tag the item with that specific collection. If you are interested in creating a custom metric like this 

You’re on the right track though! Normally, when brands want to alert their customers of a new product dropping, they typically will send a campaign to a segment of users who have bought form this collection before or add a product feed  as you mention to a cross sell flow or campaign to alert their customers. The product feeds would allow you to take in data from your product catalog and customer behavior (e.g., the products they’ve viewed or purchased in the past) and use this information to provide custom product recommendations for your subscribers.

Thanks for participating in the Community!

-Taylor 

Userlevel 6
Badge +31

I’m on the same wavelength as Taylor!

A product feed will allow you to filter for Newest Products released on your website and if you are able to define your alert lists into specific buckets, your flow could have conditional filters set above each alert type so that they go down a very specific path of Newest Products that fit their criteria. 

So for example, if a customer falls down the $50< bucket, that can be one path in your flow (or segment as a campaign) which then will send them their email that has the Data Feed placed inside of it for newest products under $50. May take a bit of tinkering and defining your buckets of criteria!