Solved

Custom code email with image and text area drag and drop functionality

• 6 October 2021
  • 2 replies

Badge +2

Hi There,

I am working on a custom coded email template, so far I can make some areas have the Klaviyo drag and drop editable regions but not all. If the area is just text I add the code to the <td>

<td align="center" data-klaviyo-region="true" data-klaviyo-region-width-pixels="600">

and then wrap the inner content in a 

<div class="klaviyo-block klaviyo-text-block">

and it works fine. Same for image, with the other class.

But some areas have text and image. When I add the text class in the div the image areas are not editable in the same way as if it were a just an image area. If I add both classes it strips the text out.

Any way to have a combo area?

icon

Best answer by Dov 6 October 2021, 16:47

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +61

Hi @HJohnston,

Thanks for sharing this with the community.

Can you try adding a table block? Table block support both text and images. There is a callout in our doc here on how to achieve that:

“You aren't limited to just text and image blocks in custom HTML templates with drag and drop support. To add other block types (e.g., Table Blocks or or Button Blocks), follow the instructions below to add a text block. Once you've uploaded the template, open it in the campaign or flow editor, then drag another block type into the customizable field.”

Badge +2

Thanks for your help.

I guess I am used to Mailchimp where you can have a whole row be editable, then you can stack rows as you need them. It sounds like that is not possible here though.