Did anybody send coupons as barcodes in Klaviyo emails yet?

• 5 August 2021
  • 6 replies

Badge +4
  • Contributor I
  • 2 replies

Did anybody send coupons as barcodes in Klaviyo emails yet? If so, what retail stores were the coupons for? Was the campaign successful? I would love to hear about your experience!

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

I would love to hear how other Community members are using the coupon barcode function as well and how successful their strategy has been too!

Chiming in for those following along who may be interested in experimenting or incorporating this feature in future emails, you can provide your customers a unique coupon as a barcode by using the {% barcode_code 'COUPON_NAME' height=100 width=200 %} template tag. You can also learn more about this feature from the Send Coupons as Barcodes section of the How to Use Coupon Codes in Klaviyo Help Center Article. 

David

Badge +4

Hey David! 

Thanks for your help.

I am also wondering, how to come up with the coupons? Is this something I can decide or do I need to get that info from a grocer?

Thanks,

Judi 

Userlevel 5
Badge +34

Hi @judi,

Stepping in @david.to here! We can generate unique coupon codes in Klaviyo if your ecommerce store is powered by either Shopify, Magento 1, or Magento 2. If you are using another ecommerce platform to power your online store, you can generate static or unique coupon codes outside of Klaviyo and then bulk import them. Feel free to review our coupons guide which outlines the specifics on how to set these up!

Best,

Julie

Badge +4

@julie.accardo Thanks for your reply! I guess what I don’t understand is how the coupon codes we distribute via email are being communicated to the brik and mortar locations. What’s the process to get this whole campaign going?

Badge +1

@David To & @julie.accardo I’m curious what version of barcode is generated? Code39? Assuming these barcodes generate as scannable? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hey @judi,

The coupons generated within Klaviyo emails are oftentimes generated through leveraging the coupons API of your respective integration if you were using Shopify or Magento. In this case, if your brick and mortar locations were using the same ecommerce services for your POS systems or backend, then those coupons generated from Shopify would still be usable in-stores. Alternatively if you were using a WooCommerce or BigCommerce integration or use a POS system or backend not of an ecommerce provider, then after importing coupons to Klaviyo to distribute, you’ll also want to upload those coupons to your POS system and/or brick and mortar backend for them to be recognized when used physically.  

@MitchSSCW, that’s a great question! The barcodes generated in Klaviyo are code128; which are the only barcode version we support and generate. 

David