Solved

Disable iOS from making a shipping tracking number clickable

• 4 October 2022
  • 3 replies

Badge +2

Hi,

I am using Klaviyo email flow for sending shipping confirmation email with shipping tracking id.

When I open the email in iPhone’s native mail client, it makes the tracking number a clickable link that tries to redirect to the shipping provider’s side (say UPS).

Is there any way we can prevent iPhone’s this behaviour?

Regards,
Justin

icon

Best answer by Dov 11 October 2022, 21:53

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +61

Hi @justin.parmar,

Thanks for sharing this question with us.

I would try wrapping the tag using an anchor tag and !important to override the color.

Here’s an example using the unsubscribe link taken from the community thread I’ve attached below:

<a href ="{% unsubscribe_link %}" style="color: #000000 !important;">Unsubscribe</a>

I hope that’s helpful.

Badge +2

Hi Dov,

It looks like I was not present my problem properly. 
Please check the attached screen capture where the shipping tracking number in ‘Shipping Confirmation’ email is a string, but the smart iPhone detect the string as actual tracking number and generated a link.

This is a feature that comes with iPhone’s native email client. Similary, when we have a phone number in email body, the email app generates link to call that number.

Such behavior can be controlled with a proper meta tag in the header, like the line bellow. But we cannot add meta tag in header using email body.

<meta name="format-detection" content="telephone=no">
Userlevel 7
Badge +61

Hi @justin.parmar,

Thanks for that clarification.

Given what you’re describing, it doesn’t sound like a solution we’re able to action on our end. I recommend exploring the apple community for more insight into this. 

Here are a few articles I found on the topic: (here & here). According to one user, you cannot disable hyperlinks for received messages. I wasn’t able to track down a discussion specifically on tracking number hyperlinking, but it’s worth revisiting the forum and/or creating a new question there to help get this resolved.

Thanks for being a community member.