Solved

Do tables ignore the default styles?

Badge +1

Hi,

I changed the default font size for desktop to 16px and mobile to 14px. It works fine in text widgets for example.

But in tables the font size is still 14px on desktop. If I change it in the table element to 16px, the mobile view also shows the font in 16px.

Is there any way to solve this?

icon

Best answer by alex.hong 17 June 2022, 21:27

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +58

Hi there @SimonK,

Thanks for sharing to the Community. 

When you are editing templates, we have a hierarchy of block styling. ​This means​ in-block Text Block font size editing (label 3) overrides font size in the Block Styles tab (label 2), and font size selected in the Block Styles tab (label 2) overrides ​the font size in the general Styles tab (label 1).

It is possible that you have edited the font size on a “lower-level” of the hierarchy, and thus why the font size hasn’t changed. Therefore, I recommend updating the font size for the desktop and mobile block in-text (label 3) to ensure that you get the correct font size applied, or edit the font size directly in the Source tab.

Let me know if that helped,

Alex

Badge +1

Hi @alex.hong 

thank you! I’ve checked the styles in the table.

The HTML has no extra font size attribute and the font size of the table is set to 16px.

But the font for desktop is still 14px. And if I set it to 16px in the table block it stays this size in the mobile view :-( 

Userlevel 7
Badge +58

Hi there @SimonK,

Thanks for sharing the screenshot and confirming with more info.

Their request is a bit hard to understand. To further diagnose where the problem might be coming from, can you provide a screenshot of your styles of both the table block and the template style? The reason why the font is having an issue could be due to the mobile optimization setting as well.

Thanks!
Alex

Badge +1

Hi @alex.hong,

sure, here are the two screenshots.

Table styles:

Template styles: 

Userlevel 7
Badge +58

Update:

You can create a clone of the table block to be mobile view only and then change the font to be 14px for the mobile version and to use this function you can refer to Hide on Mobile or Desktop