Skip to main content
Solved

Dynamic Insert Product Images - Product Images Not Showing on IOS Device

• 25 June 2024
  • 4 replies

Hello Klaviyo Community!

I ran into an unusual issue, not sure if anyone else has experience this before and knows how to troubleshoot it, but my team and I found this out when we were sending test email to ourselves in finalizing our email campaign.

My coworker found that on his phone; a IOS Device; the dynamic insert product images were not loading. The images looked as they were clipped/corrupted in some kind of way (please refer to the image below of the screenshot from his phone)

Now usually before I get the test email sent out, I adjust the email and it’s images to make sure it is between the standard 85KB - 95KB sizing guideline so there is a slight risk of clipping, but our inserted images that are bulk of this email didn’t clip, and the whole email shows on both types of device platforms (IOS and Android). Even more so that’s strange, on both of our work laptops, personal computers, and my own phone (Android) the product images do appear with the rest of the email, like so (please refer to image below)

I look through the community forums and couldn't find the exact answer or solutions on the FAQs, so wanted to see if anyone has an explanation/solution to avoid this happening; we don’t want to risk our IOS users from experiencing this same issue.

Thanks!

4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +15

Hi @I-Beni 

Thank for posting in the Community!

I’ve encountered this issue before in a different thread. You can read the solution here: 

If the above doesn’t apply to your case I would revisit the ImageURL of your products. Sometimes the ImageURL contains a space that can cause the issue when some email providers render the e-mail.

I hope this helps!

Badge

Hey @annasophiefc 

Thanks for the response!

I looked into the thread that you’d mentioned, and I did come across it previously before making my post. Unfortunately while the previous community member had a similar issue, I don’t believe it is quite the same.

For further information, here are some images of how the product insert block looks like within the email template editor and in a test email on a Mac: 

Product Block within Email Template Editor 
Test Email on MacBook Air M2

I’d like to add that we prefer to use Static Content to showcase our products, as this gives our team much more flexibility and customization to each product that we showcase for the emails of that specific week and help us edit the product’s naming conventions easier than they are tagged on our website.

As previously mentioned in our work PCs (Macs & Windows) and personal Android devices we do not encounter this issue of the image URL not loading, only happens on IOS device (IPhone).

Thanks Again & Hope to Hear an alternative Solution!

Userlevel 5
Badge +26

Hello @I-Beni Did you try opening this email while the iPhone is connected to a Wi-fi? My assumption is the images are high resolution and the network of iPhone device is slow to load the files.

Badge

Hey @Maxbuzz

Thanks for your inquiry regarding my issue, I appreciate it!

To answer your question, yes the IOS device was connected to Wi-Fi when we were testing the email. You do make a good point on the resolution of the images on the IOS device, I didn’t consider the high-res could potentially cause issues in loading times for the device itself. 

Just to add more context for any other questions you or others may have, we did test it on multiple Wi-Fi networks as our department’s work location varies from in-house office to WFH setting; this is a first instance that we have had that images while it appears on Mac, Windows, and Android but not on an iPhone; weird?

Thanks!