Email Designs: Process and Standards with your Graphic Design + Marketing Teams

• 1 February 2022
  • 0 replies

Badge +4

Hey All Klaviyo users! We have been using Klaviyo for 6 months and it has been a game changer for our email marketing!

Our new area of focus is optimization for design. I am curious to understand other company’s process to design an email and your best practices. We have a skilled design team, but I want to get them super optimized for email and social and the resources I am finding on the internet are basic level - looking for something more robust. 

Do you have brand standards specific for email that lists out things like header font size, sub-header fonts and sizes, button standards, etc. If so, would you be willing to share me on that doc? I’ll sign an NDA if needed ;) 

What design platforms are you using - is your design team designing every part of the email in Adobe (or something similar) and splicing it out? Or maybe just designing the hero images and then your email marketer adds the text and other items in the Klaviyo template? We have Figma for website design, should we be mocking up all emails on this as well?

How do your design and email marketing teams work together on designing emails? Does design take the lead, or does Email need to set the stage and list out the details of the design request? 

Happy to explore all feedback and insights, thanks!! 

0 replies

Be the first to reply!