Solved

EMAIL PLACEHOLDER UNSUBSCRIBE

• 30 January 2024
  • 6 replies

Badge +1

Hi. I’ve just created my first campaign and sent a test to myself. I added an “Unsubscribe” text box and personalized it, and everything is working fine.

However, when I receive the email, there is a placeholder at the bottom underneath my email:

When you click on the link, it sends you to this page:

How to I assign this link to go to my personalized “Unsubscribe” page?

icon

Best answer by JessFosnough 30 January 2024, 19:21

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +17

Hi @Paola

Just a quick question - when you sent the test email, did you use the Preview & Test button within Klaviyo? If so, I then I believe Klayiso doesn’t consider it a “real” emaill, so it doesn’t have a real unsubscribe link.
My suggestion is to clone your campaign and create a list or segment that only includes your email, and then actually send the campaing to yourself. Hopefully the placeholder will now link correctly - if not, please let me know!

Jess

Userlevel 5
Badge +18

@Paola In addition to what @JessFosnough said, I would check out this Help Center article on how to add an unsubscribe link to an email. You may find it helpful to also check out how to find the unsubscribe page and link for a list.

Hope this helps!

Userlevel 6
Badge +34

Hi @Paola !

In addition to what the other lovely Community members mentioned, I can see by the Klaviyo logo at the bottom of your email that you are likely using the free version of Klaviyo. If you upgrade to a paid Klaviyo account, this logo section is automatically removed, and it may also remove the additional unsubscribe footer section if they are linked to the same logic. 

Hope this helps! 

-- Ashley Ismailovski

Badge +1

Hi @Paola

Just a quick question - when you sent the test email, did you use the Preview & Test button within Klaviyo? If so, I then I believe Klayiso doesn’t consider it a “real” emaill, so it doesn’t have a real unsubscribe link.
My suggestion is to clone your campaign and create a list or segment that only includes your email, and then actually send the campaing to yourself. Hopefully the placeholder will now link correctly - if not, please let me know!

Jess

Hi Jess. Thank you SO much! It was a “Preview”, so that does make sense. (I think I actually may have read something like that somewhere!)

Badge +1

@Paola In addition to what @JessFosnough said, I would check out this Help Center article on how to add an unsubscribe link to an email. You may find it helpful to also check out how to find the unsubscribe page and link for a list.

Hope this helps!

Hi Chelsea. Thank you. I did make use of that link, and followed the instructions, that’s why I was confused! I think Jess may be right about it being a “preview” thing.

Badge +1

Hi @Paola !

In addition to what the other lovely Community members mentioned, I can see by the Klaviyo logo at the bottom of your email that you are likely using the free version of Klaviyo. If you upgrade to a paid Klaviyo account, this logo section is automatically removed, and it may also remove the additional unsubscribe footer section if they are linked to the same logic. 

Hope this helps! 

-- Ashley Ismailovski

Hi Ashley. Thank you for that. I’ll let my client know if they’d like to go that route.