Solved

Expiration date of unique coupon code in a FLOW setting

• 27 August 2022
  • 2 replies

Badge +3

Hi everyone,

I want to create a flow that sends out a unique coupon code which is valid for 7 days.

Now, from what I understand, Klaviyo will “request” a code from Shopify once someone reaches that stage in the flow, and Shopify will create 100 codes with an expiration date that’s 7 days in the future. 

Now my question is:

What if another customer reaches that step in the flow, say, 3 days later? Will Klaviyo send one of the 100 pre-generated codes (99 still being unused)? If so, will the expiration date be 3 days later for this code or not?

Or will Klavio request a new set of 100 codes with Shopify that feature the “later” expiration date? (which would be very wasteful!)

--

Please explain in detail how this works!

Thx

icon

Best answer by Manny Singh 28 August 2022, 01:17

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +38

It will create a new set so that the expiry date matches with when they get the coupon code. 

Shopify has a limit of 20,000,000 unique coupon codes.  

https://help.klaviyo.com/hc/en-us/articles/115006155388-How-to-create-unique-coupon-codes-for-Shopify

As your business grows, I’m sure you’ll need to generate more than the 100 per day :)

If it’s not at the point yet, you have more than enough coupon codes (547 years worth at 100 per day, if my math is right)

Badge +3

Thanks!

Your calculation of 547 years is a) correct and b) pretty impressive! LOL

So I won’t worry about maxing out the codes ;-)