Solved

Flow all of a sudden skipping emails due to syntax error

• 14 February 2024
  • 7 replies

Badge +2

My flows were sending out emails fine for months and I haven’t changed anything. 

All of sudden I noticed emails were being skipped due to a supposed email syntax error. 

Trying to preview the email also throws an error and points me to the variables page. 

I have a dynamic image url that seems to be causing the error, when I deleted the image from the template I am to preview it, adding the dynamic url back in, it causes the preview error. 

My dynamic image url looks like this: 

{{'https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/2087/4093/files/cast_'|concat:event.extra.line_items.0.product.id|concat:'.jpg'}}

It was working fine up until a few days ago. Am I not able to use ‘contact’ twice anymore, is there an alternative way of joining strings?

Thank you

icon

Best answer by AndrewBu 15 February 2024, 01:15

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hi @AndrewBu

Thanks for sharing your question with us! Happy to help! 

Do you mind sharing what the exact syntax error was? This can help us better pinpoint the issue. 

Thanks!

-Taylor  

Badge +2

That's the problem, it doesn't say the exact error and just points me to the variables page. 

Badge +2

@Taylor Tarpley 

I am having this same issue with a bunch of my emails. They used to work fine but now I get these errors. The first is in the flow preview and the second is from the edit template when trying to send myself a preview. Not sure which variables are not working but I really don’t want to go through and test each one individually when the email used to work just fine.

Seems like Klaviyo pushed this new feature recently, is it possible to opt out please? Lots of my flows are not sending.

Badge +2

Seems to have corrected itself for me. The emails aren’t showing an errors anymore in the preview.

I had to resend all the skipped emails in the flow manually and then when I go to check a few of the email profiles and ‘view messages’ the emails are now rendering and not showing an error. 

Seems to be a system error on Klaviyo side since the 8th because I didn’t change anything and now it’s working again. I hope it doesn’t come back. 

Badge +2

Hmm I am still getting the error when trying to preview send to myself.

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hi @dkjonzy

Sorry to hear you’re still having this issue! I will share this issue with my team and circle back when I know more.

To confirm, you also aren’t seeing an exact error message either, just the screenshot above? Have you taken any actions or changes prior to this message that might be helpful context to know when relaying this to my team? 

-Taylor  

Badge +2

Hey @Taylor Tarpley 

Yeah, update here: All of our custom email templates (we use a lot) are breaking because of this tag "{{ person|lookup:'$address1'|urlencode|default:'' }}"

This just started 2 days ago. Any email that has the above tag hasn’t been able to send. I am considering going through and updating them all to remove the tag but it would take days and I really would rather not.