Solved

Free gift code - How please?

• 25 October 2022
  • 6 replies

Badge +2

Hi. I have been using Klaviyo for my flows and want to offer a free item rather than just a % off.

I would like the customer to select from a pre defined selection (if possible) But if not that, maybe a note would appear on the customer order for the free gift (That we would add ourselves at store).

I’m thinking this will be a discount code of sorts but I can’t get my head around it.

Any ideas?

Thanks

icon

Best answer by Akers Digital 11 November 2022, 04:17

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hey @Funky2021 

Quick question to be able to better answer your questions, what integration are you using?

Badge +2

Hey @Funky2021 

Quick question to be able to better answer your questions, what integration are you using?

Hi Frank. Im using Shopify.

Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +38

Hey @Funky2021 are there any conditions on the free item when they get it? (ie. purchase over $x, then you get the free item in your cart.

What would the message look like to get a better understanding of how it would work.  That’ll give me a better idea of how to implement it.

Badge +2

Hi, sorry, I should have been clearer.

So, I want to offer a free gift (Free jar of peanut butter) with first order. for signing up to the mailing list. I want to do this rather than just the usual % off.

I see it in my head that the customer signs up, and a note is added to the order ‘FREE JAR’ for us to pick and pack.

This ‘Free Jar’ would also appear on the customer order form instead of the usual % off.

Thanks

Userlevel 6
Badge +21

Hey @Funky2021 ,
Are you on Shopify Plus at all? If so, this could be achieved by using cart scripts.

Otherwise, I would do an automatic discount from Shopify. I would have our email link to your free product, possibly even having the product auto add to the cart.

Your messaging could be something like “Get a free jar of peanut butter when you order $50 or more.” Customers click the link, the product is added to their cart automatically, then they need to add $50 worth of product to their cart and the jar of peanut butter is free because the auto discount kicks in.

Would that work for you?  

Userlevel 6
Badge +21

@Funky2021 , oh and if the auto discount wouldn’t work, you could also set up a promo code and use a custom URL to auto apply the discount code too!!

https://help.klaviyo.com/hc/en-us/articles/115005253088-How-to-Add-Link-that-Applies-a-Coupon-Code-to-a-Shopify-Cart