Solved

Full Width Images Retains Padding (Not Actually Full Width)

• 8 February 2023
  • 3 replies

Badge +1

Hello, 

When inserting an image into the blocks, full width is selected; however, the system retains padding of 18px on the left and right and 9px on the top/bottom. 

I have toggled “full width on mobile” which does not work.  I have attempted to change the padding to 0px left/right. When I toggle the Padding, their is a “lock” that unlocks and I am able to change the padding to 0px left/right. I relock this and it “seems” like it keeps the 0px padding. However, this is NOT the case.  Even after saving, the system reverts to 18px left/right padding. 

My issue is I need to have the images full width.  An auto 18px padding is NOT full width. There is no border or white space in my original images. I do not need to crop my images.  It is only when I insert these into the block that it then automatically adds the 18px left/right padding to the sides. 

I have attempted every scenario of unlocking/relocking/unlocking, etc.  Still, every test on mobile screens (Litmus testing, etc.) still shows an 18px left/right padding.

Again, please advise how to remove the auto padding and to allow me to save this. 

I have attached photos referencing this issue.

icon

Best answer by Ashley I. 8 February 2023, 18:00

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +34

Hi @SJCMilk ,

Welcome to the Community! Happy to help you troubleshoot the padding you are experiencing in your campaign. 

I can see that you have already attempted to adjust the padding at a block level (i.e. within the Image settings), but have you also tried adjusting the padding of the Section? You can access the Section padding settings by clicking on the grey area on either side of your campaign design and clicking:

In the sidebar, you can now adjust the padding for the Section in which your image is placed. Like so:

Try this approach and let me know if this fixes your padding issue! 

- Ashley Ismailovski

Badge +1

Hi Ashley, 

Thanks so much for the speedy reply.  I have tried both (block level and section).  I tried your suggestion again on the section level just now just to make sure. 

Your suggestion does work when creating the email—the padding does remove any padding and maintains a 0px padding.  However, when you go to preview and test, it reverts and auto adds the 18px again, thereby not making the images full width.  

I also confirmed that even keeping the section level at 0px, the block level reverts to the 18px padding.  So even if the section shows 0px and you also change the block level to 0px, no matter the scenario, it auto reverts back to 18px padding.  

Thanks and please let me know what else needs to be done.  

S

Userlevel 6
Badge +34

Hi @SJCMilk ,

Thanks for confirming! I’m sorry to hear that you are still seeing padding in your test emails. 

This could be related to a number of things, which I will try to help narrow down:

1. Unsaved changes in the email editor. After adjusting the padding, can you confirm that these changes have been saved? You can confirm by looking at the top of your screen:

Or, after making the padding change, you can click the ‘Save and Exit’ button, and return to the Editor to confirm your padding changes have been applied. 

2. Image size. Can you share the dimensions of the image you are adjusting? The preferred width of images for email is 600 px, and so if you are using an image that is larger than this, it could cause spacing/padding incompatibility. 

3. Inbox provider limitations. Some inbox providers (Gmail, Outlook, etc) and even different device types (iPhone, Android, etc.) can also impact the way your campaign looks for the end user. This can be why your test emails are displaying differently from what you are seeing in the Editor. There is a great thread on the Community here that discussed this variable further:

I did also find a very detailed thread also posted to the Community where someone reported the same padding inconsistencies as you:

It might be worth opening up a Support Ticket as well to explore the backend of your account as it can sometimes be difficult to diagnose the cause using only screenshots. 

--

If you are still experiencing padding after exploring the above solutions, would you also be able to share a screenshot of what you are seeing in the Preview Mode within Klaviyo as well as a screenshot of how the email is appearing in your inbox? 

Thanks!

- Ashley Ismailovski