Solved

Getting a Preview Error Message When Exporting Klaviyo template to Shopify

• 17 March 2022
  • 1 reply

Badge +2

Hello all, 

I’m trying to export my Klaviyo template to Shopify, however, when I’ve exported the HMTL an error message occurs. 

any ideas on how to fix this?

icon

Best answer by Taylor Tarpley 17 March 2022, 19:44

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hi @Justin Winfield 123321

Welcome to the Community, we are so happy you're here! 

Unfortunately, when exporting templates from Klaviyo to Shopify, you’re right there can be potential troubleshooting issues that come up. Were you able to find exactly where the error was coming from? In my experience, I have seen this issue arise offering the user the ability to unsubscribe from the email list if he wishes.

The issue there is that Shopify and Klaviyo use different template tags/variables. By default, Shopify templates do not use an unsubscribe tag as unsubscribe links are not required for transactional emails, such as order and shipping confirmation. The regular

{% unsubscribe %} tag used in Klaviyo does not work with Shopify, as this would be accessed externally ,whereas the Klaviyo unsubscribe page is accessed by this tag which is hosted and accessed via your Klaviyo account. 

Once the unsubscribe link was removed from the Klaviyo template,  the error message rectified! 

Hope this helps!

-Taylor