Solved

Help with persononalisation not working!

• 16 November 2023
  • 2 replies

Badge

We are pretty new to Klaviyo and have attempted a first campaign for a client. Problem is, we can’t get the personalisation to ‘work’ in any template. 

I’ve set up 2 campaigns to test and neither are adding first name, when selecting the personalisation option. To trouble shoot I’ve even copied and pasted the code from elsewhere incase it wasn’t correct with no luck.

To make things worse, I’ve since created another account for a 2nd brand and sent a 1st email campaign successfully with personalisation so I don’t think ‘we’ are doing something wrong. 

Note both brands / businesses are only on the free plan to get started. Has anyone got any ideas on how to trouble shoot this?

icon

Best answer by bluesnapper 16 November 2023, 21:56

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +37

Welcome to the community @HeirloomSkin 

Sorry to hear you’re having issues!

Things to check first:

• Is the personalisation snippet you're using in your email: {{ first_name|title|default:"" }}? FYI, |title| is optional but forces firstname to title case which cleans up those values. Default can be the fall-back eg “Hi there” etc
  • Have you tested your email in preview mode for a contact you know has a firstname value? 

Apologies if you’ve done that, but it’s worth confirming.

Regards

Andy

Hi, 

I’ve been using Klaviyo for years and today I have the same issue. 

It just would NOT connect!

Klaviyo has been doing lots of updates recently if I’m not mistaken, so best bet may be to get some direct technical help.