Solved

Hide Abandoned Item from Recently Viewed Item Product Feed

• 1 November 2022
  • 1 reply

Badge +1

Hi,

I am using the recently viewed items in the product feed - and I am putting it onto an abandoned check out email.

The issue is the recently viewed is showing the product that was abandoned.

Is there a way to add a filter to say not to include that product?

icon

Best answer by alex.hong 1 November 2022, 19:30

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +58

Hi @TheoF ,

Welcome to the Community.

I believe you are using our recently viewed items code to add to a template, right? 

When using dynamic content like the one used in the abandoned flows, there unfortunately isn't a way to select only specific products to be shown. 

Dynamic blocks pull in all the associated event data that was captured at the time of the metric event, like Checkout Started, was triggered which includes all products that were in the cart at the time. The dynamic table block will automatically repeat with the information specified for each item in the cart.

For additional information and other helpful tips or tricks, check out these resources:
Dynamic Blocks in a Flow Email

If you would like to only show select products within your emails, you can build product blocks as static where you manually select the products that are being shown. These products will be the same products shown to all customers who receive the email.

You will not be able to omit a specific product when dynamically pulling event data from the metric event. The dynamic event data will automatically repeat in the block with the information specified for each item in the cart.

Another option is create a product feed that can be used within your emails. You can create a feed based on personalized recommendations around products a customer may have recently viewed or has added to their carts. You can then place the shipping protection item in its own separate category and you can then exclude this category from showing within this new product feed.

For more information on product feeds, check out this guide:
How to use product feeds and recommendations

Hope that helped,

Alex