Solved

How can I add a "head" tag to an email?

• 19 May 2022
  • 1 reply

Badge +1

I have a custom font coming from Typography.com, but I’m not able to add it the Klaviyo recommended way. According to Typography.com’s guide, I need to add it with a <head> tag and in the head tag I need to paste a <link> tag referencing the external stylesheet with all the fonts.

Like this:

<head>
   <link rel=”stylesheet” type="text/css" href=”https//:cloud.redacted.com/fonts.css”/>

</head>

Every time I try to paste a snippet like this into a text block, it disappears after saving, even when trying to paste plain text.

Is there any way to do this?

icon

Best answer by stephen.trumble 20 May 2022, 00:09

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hey @maia2 

Welcome to the Klaviyo Community! Happy to help with your self-hosted custom font.

First thing for the community to remember that when using a custom font that is not hosted on Google Fonts or Adobe Typekit, then the font file has to be uploaded to a 3rd party (so not Klaviyo, but Wordpress, Shopify Theme, AWS) which you already have with typography.com.

Normally next you would copy and paste the code block listed here in the ‘Self Hosted Custom Font’ section into the top of your template, under the Source tab of a text block instead of directly in the text box. Please try adding the syntax typography recommended to you in the Source tab instead. Also check out these other community post on the same topic. 

Hope this helps!