Solved

How can I clean up default hyperlink addresses?

• 26 October 2023
  • 1 reply

Badge

I’d like to know if there’s an option to clean up hyperlink addresses? The default is tons of text that look “spammy”... I worked hard to get a clean stand alone browser for a lead magnet… inntuity.com/letsgo but this is what appears when you hover over it.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated!

icon

Best answer by Ashley I. 26 October 2023, 16:13

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +34

Hi @jstock,

Welcome to the Community! Thank you for the great question about trackable links.

What you have pictured here is part of Klaviyo’s conversion tracking, as discussed in another thread here on the Community:

Klaviyo automatically tracks conversions for each campaign and flow sent, in order to track the performance of each message. If you would like to read more on how exactly this works, you can reference this Help Center article here: Understanding message conversion tracking

The “trk.klclick.com” domain in your provided screenshot is Klaviyo’s shared click tracking domain. All accounts that have click tracking enabled will have email URLs wrapped by the “trk.klclick.com” domain; just as yours is in this example. 

There are a few solutions you can explore with regards to your desired outcome:

1) If you’d like your click tracking to be more on brand as you mentioned you worked hard to get a clean, standalone domain, you can set a dedicated click tracking domain. You can learn more details about this here, and there are also instructions on how to validate the records with the Klaviyo team. 

2) For more information on configuring your UTM tracking in Klaviyo, and the customization options to make it look less “spammy” natively in Klaviyo’s settings, you can also reference this article here

3) If you are looking for a less technical solution to simply shorten the length of the URL altogether, you can explore options like bit.ly and shorturl.ai to accomplish this manually. However, do know that there are some know impacts to deliverability when using this approach. Read more about this here:

--

Hope this helps!

-- Ashley Ismailovski​​​​​​​