Solved

How can I send users to my website with an attached static coupon to the URL?

• 18 December 2023
  • 6 replies

Badge +1

I did a gift card giveaway and I now have my personalized email ready to schedule. I want to keep it simple for the customer since the shopify gift card is like dfhjfkdlsfbvkjcxb. I tried treating the code like a discount, since in shopify the box has the same wording, but it didn’t sync. My manager created the gift cards, I can’t see them under discounts, so I know they’re not defined as such. 

What way can I like it to my “Shop Now” button?

I tried https://www.websitename.com/discount/{% coupon_code 'CODEHERE' %} and a static code https://www.websitename.com/discount/CODEHERE but neither linked. They took me to the main page on my website like intended, but when I made it to the checkout the gift card code wasn’t shown. I did verify that the code is valid, I just would love if I could also attach it vs saying copy it. 

icon

Best answer by emailchelsea123 22 December 2023, 07:22

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hi @emailchelsea123

Thanks for sharing your question with us! Happy to help!

As the coupon is static, you won’t see this in your uploaded coupon section, as you only upload unique/dynamic coupons. As stated in our helpful documentation, all that’s needed for a static discount code is to create it within your ecommerce platform and then use it in Klaviyo by dragging and dropping it in a text block and type in the code.

Your code is very close! You’re just missing some extra code at the end. Here’s an example.

mysite.com/discount/{% coupon_code 'your_code' %}?redirect=/new-path

I’d suggest checking out this helpful community post for more insight!

Thanks for participating in the Community!

-Taylor

Badge +1

Thanks, I did all of that, but the gift card still doesn’t attach itself and automatically apply. I’m asking is there a way to do this for gift cards? My example isn’t a coupon.

Userlevel 6
Badge +21

Hey @emailchelsea123 ,

As far as I know, there is not a way to automatically attached a gift card to a link. I think you would still want to provide the gift card number to customers incase they want to make a smaller purchase and still have a remaining balance on the card for a second purchase. 

Gift card numbers are not the best to look at, but I still think it’s the best solution here unless you wanted to go the coupon route and assign the coupon to the specific user ($50 off their order). 

Badge +1

@Akers Digital Thanks, I did that. I just also wanted to make my button clickable to add ease of use. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +21

Wish I had a better answer for you @emailchelsea123 ! Hope the campaign was successful for you.

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hi @emailchelsea123

Yes, to echo what’s already been said, while you can’t attach a gift card to a URL, you could use a coupon code that would act as a ‘gift card’ without really being one, that would take off a certain amount of $ from their order. So while this isn’t actually a gift card per say, it accomplishes your goal.

Taylor