Solved

How do I change from CMYK to RGB colors?

• 17 February 2023
  • 1 reply

Badge +1

Hi, 

It seems as if the color preset used by default in Klaviyo is CMYK. My brand colors are primarily RGB, which means that our accent colors turn into different, duller colors in Klaviyo. I have attached a photo where you can see a photoshopped image with the right yellow accent color versus the integrated button function from Klaviyo with the right color code. This specific color doesn’t exist in CMYK. 

I can’t find any way to configure the color settings. Any one having the same issue or have found a way around this? 

icon

Best answer by Ashley I. 17 February 2023, 17:39

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +34

Hi @contourdesign ,

Welcome to the Community! Happy to help you with your question about brand colors in email templates. 

I’ve found a lot of success in the past using a third-party tool to perform color matching when the color codes are not a perfect match. I can recommend ColorPick Eyedropper as a great Chrome extension for doing quick color extraction on the fly. 

In your case, using this tool I can see that the top button’s background color is #FFFA14, and the bottom button’s color is #FFF14A. Note the very small change in hue. Try using these color codes in your design to get your desired result. 

If you are seeing color differences between your design in Klaviyo and how the email looks in your inbox, I did also want to offer an important note that some Inbox Providers (Gmail, Outlook, etc.) and even certain devices (iPhone, Android, etc.) can slightly change how the colors in your final email looks to the end recipient. Unfortunately, that is not something marketers can control from within our ESP settings as these variations are controlled by device-specific settings (such as dark mode, for example).

There is a great thread here on the Community that discusses these instances here:

--

Hope this helps!

-- Ashley Ismailovski