Solved

How to change URL previews, to Tool Tips on-hover

• 17 April 2023
  • 4 replies

Badge +1

We use lots of images through our templates, and link these off to our website. 
However the URL previews, with tracking look terrible in some mail clients, blocking all the content as they are so large eg:

I have seen some Klaviy clients achieve an onhover tool tip approach, which is much better.
They still maintain the tracking links behind this and the on-hover does not hide all the actual content eg:

How are they doing this as I want to achieve the same thing?

icon

Best answer by Omar 17 April 2023, 11:46

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +44

@Josh NZ are you using Alt Tags to your images? 

This hover text is actually coming from adding the Alt Tag attribute to an image. It's a best practice to use - https://help.klaviyo.com/hc/en-us/articles/360034711931-Accessibility-in-emails-and-forms-best-practice-reference

Or as Klaviyo also says it here
Always add alt text to your images. Certain inboxes, including Outlook and Apple Mail, will not display images until a recipient opts in to see them. Including alt text helps recipients using these inboxes to understand what an image is meant to convey, and also supports accessibility. 

Omar Lovert // Polaris Growth // Klaviyo Master Platinum Partner

We help with e-commerce growth through CRO, Klaviyo and CVO

Badge +1

@Omar 
Thanks for the pointer. 
We are setting Alt Tags, using the standard fields like this. 

However unfortuantley they still show links like this in some mail clients. Outlook rendering the worst of the bunch eg:

Userlevel 7
Badge +44

In the end… it's always Outlook!

And to make matters worse it's always the CEO who's using it and getting thes emails… 

Userlevel 5
Badge +28

Thanks @Josh NZ for the great question in the Klaviyo community and @Omar for answering! 

This too has been a bit of a bug-bear for me and I’ve struggled to find a solution even after all the helpful information and research available via Klaviyo. 

Glad I am not the only one 😅