Solved

How to convert a html email template to work with Klaviyo?

• 27 October 2021
  • 1 reply

Badge +4

I know that importing a standard HTML template into Klaviyo breaks the drag-and-drop feature and editor capabilities but surely there is a way to edit/modify existing HTML email templates to work with Klaviyo’s editor, right? I saw the workaround tutorial on how to add blocks to existing email templates but that doesn’t solve the true issue of being able to edit the existing blocks in an imported HTML template. So the question is, why not? How can this be done on a scalable level? 

icon

Best answer by David To 28 October 2021, 16:36

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hello @GoodVibes123,

Thanks for sharing your question with us!

From my experience, when importing a custom HTML template into Klaviyo, these templates are typically fully ready for use and ready to be sent off using a Klaviyo campaign or included in a flow. This is because often times these templates have either been straight coded via HTML or have been created and finalized in a third-party template provider. 

If the imported email needs any minor adjustments, they can be done directly in the source code using the HTML editor or by adding and converting certain sections of the email to support Klaviyo’s drag and drop functionality as detailed in the Import a Custom HTML Template with Drag and Drop Support Help Center article. If the template was created from a third-party provider, I may even suggest making those edits or adjustments within the original alternate template provider and importing a new updated copy into Klaviyo for use. 

At present it would not be possible to convert an entire custom HTML template to support Klaviyo’s drag-and-drop editor due to the myriad of ways HTMLs can be coded and not aligning with our Klaviyo drag-and-drop functionalities. For this reason to include Klaviyo’s drag-and-drop capability to an existing HTML template, Klaviyo supports interjecting certain sections into the HTML which does support the utilization of the drag-and-drop function and editor. Alternatively, if you wish to strictly use Klaviyo’s drag-and-drop editor, you can attempt to rebuild the template within Klaviyo directly. 

Klaviyo also recommends using custom HTML templates for technically savvy marketers, or for anyone who has access to a developer. If you need further assistance in building or editing these custom HTML templates prior to importing it into Klaviyo, we suggest working with a developer/email designer you are familiar with or reaching out to our extensive network of Klaviyo Partners who specialize in these fields.

We do appreciate the product feedback and will be sharing it with our Product Team!

Thanks for being a part of the Klaviyo Community!

David