Solved

How to dinamically display payment date and add specific dates to it?

• 13 September 2023
  • 1 reply

Badge +1

I’m trying to build a payment timeline for a product, some sort of an installment timeline. 

I need to do this automatically, so when the user enters the Thank you funnel, they receive an email showing a payment timeline. 

e.x.

Installment Number Due Date Payment Status
1st installment ?????? Due Today
2nd installment ????? Pending

The due date needs to be the placed order date + 30 days for the first installment, and  the placed order date +60 days for the second installment. The placed order is the first time they opted for the service. 

I tried using different variables, but none displayed the placed order date and function properly. Something I used but this is relative to the date I send the email not the date someone placed the order  

{% today '%Y-%m-%d' as today %} {{ today|days_later:60|format_date_string|date:'M d' }} 

Is there a variable structure that I am missing?

icon

Best answer by David To 13 September 2023, 16:30

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hello @AnkaV,

Welcome to the Klaviyo Community!

There was recently a Community post on a similar topic which I’ve included below:

Since Klaviyo’s editor is based on django format, you should be able to use an event variable that records the purchase date instead of the today variable. 

I am curious though, if this was a post purchase email sent after someone has placed an order, shouldn’t the solution you’re using achieve your goal. I.E. someone places an order and received an email with the variable dictating today + [x-days]. 

If you need more hands on assistance, it may be a good idea to reach out to an email designer or developer you’re familiar with further help too. We also offer an expansive network of Klaviyo Partners through our Partner Directory that are certified experts. 

David