Solved

How to display product regular price and discounted price in the product block in Klaviyo?

• 1 December 2020
  • 38 replies

Show first post
This topic has been closed for comments

38 replies

Badge +2

Definitely need this option. It’s a PAIN in the BUTT to be doing the discount price manually with a strikethrough. It’s more labour involved for the person creating the newsletters.

Badge +1

Hi David,

Thanks for that will review. You may want to specify or create a forenote in the guide that it uses the new editor. I am looking to DIY this so partners are out of the question for the moment. Is there a comprehensive guide for the new editor, particularly 1) with feature comparison or update comparison between old editor and 2) particular with retrieving the data-tags to reference collections? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hey @KuyaEddie,

The Solution Recipe was actually published on August 17, 2021 which proceeds when our new template editor was available. All screenshots shown in the guide is using Klaviyo’s classic editor. In addition, all functions highlighted in the Recipe can be implemented using both the classic and new editors as the core function stayed the same between the two. 

With the launch of Klaviyo’s new editor we also have a slew of newly published Help Center articles that go over the similar usages but referencing specifically to the new editor. You can find these article by searching “new editor” within the Klaviyo Help Center. I’ve also listed out a few below for your convenience:

To retrieve the data-tags to reference your collections, I would suggest reading up on @walid.bendris’s point under the Preview Objects section which i’ve highlighted below. Here, he explains how to print a list of the available fields pertaining to the object which you can use to identify the field you want to reference the collections.

There are a few data objects being used in the examples below but we won’t go into detail about all of the existing data on each of these objects. Instead, you can preview the available data by just printing out that object on the template itself after it’s initialized. For example, if you want to see all of the available fields on the catalog_item initialized by a Catalog Lookup, you can print it out in a template by adding the tag:

{{ catalog_item }}

by itself within that Catalog Lookup scope (i.e. between the {% catalog %)and {% endcatalog %}tags). After adding this tag, save the block and preview it to see a full list of available fields for that object.

David

Badge +2

Hi @Julia.LiMarzi ,
please is there any update regarding this functionality? When we can expect it? It is a deal-breaker for us as well. 

Also please it would be also great if we could select which price we want to compare from to in the product blog as different customers have access to different prices based on their loyalty level. 

Regards
Lukas

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Hi @helidirect, so you should be able to achieve that functionality in the platform. If you want to have the original price crossed out, you would want to insert into your product block the piece in red below  (note that you should use the correct item and not “whatever the price tag is”) in the correct section of the product block. That should allow you to display a crossed out version of the original price.

<s> {{ whatever the price tag is }} <s> 

You’ll then also want to make sure that you’re displaying the sale price as well. See if you can get that to work as the above should allow you to display a crossed out regular price but let us know how that goes!

Badge +3

Hi Paul,

Thanks for the reply, but I still dont get how I would insert that piece of information in the product block. I attached here the picture of the product block. It has the product name, price and button on the left. Where do I insert the “<s> {{ whatever the price tag is }} <s> “ into? In the Product Price input ? Also the info “<s> {{ whatever the price tag is }} <s> “ means something like “<s>$100<s> ??? Could you give me more clearer instruction and some example? 

Thanks

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

Hi @DaveK, @Oyivalk, @Drewseph 

Thank you so much for sharing your feedback and honesty on your experience without the discounted price block. As @Julia.LiMarzi mentioned above, we have added this as a feature request, but I’ve also gone ahead and shared your additional comments and experiences with the appropriate teams. Although I do not have a specific timeline to reference, our team is exploring this functionality. I’ll be sure to update in this thread when there are more details to share. 

Again, thank you for sharing this with us and for being a part of the Community, 
-Cassy 

Anybody else not buying it? My staff would never promise something with no timeline. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +22

Hey @Lukas, I don’t have an update at this time. 

I will update the feature request to also include this use case you suggested for loyalty tiers. For your tiered pricing, do customers log in to an account, and then the pricing they are shown is dependent on their loyalty level? And is that discount standardized across products? For example, if someone is a VIP they get 20% off all products?

A solution for promoting loyalty pricing in emails (if the discount is standardized) is to use Hide/Show Blocks to inform customers from different loyalty levels that the prices they see in the email will be further discounted by x amount because they’re loyal members. In my personal experience, I have seen instances where showing a higher price and offering a discount is more effective than showing a lower price, and it may be something you can experiment with as a workaround. 

Badge +1

I just signed up with a paid plan only to find out that something so basic is missing.  I thought Klaviyo was a superior product but it seems like they don’t cater for something so simple.  

Please get this feature in as soon as possible otherwise I’m better off saving my money and using Shopify Email.

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hello @Oyivalk@Drewseph and @LeightonS , 

At present, Klaviyo’s product block does not support displaying more than one price, such as a product’s original price and its current sales price. As mentioned by @Julia.LiMarzi in this thread, the most common work around to this would be manually updating the price of the native product block to reflect the product’s sales price or adding a column block under the product block to manually display a secondary price. A YouTube video posted recently that highlighted how to put this strategy into action can be found here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VMjrJ193iJ8&t=154s 

If you are code-savvy, an additional solution available would be using a series of Django tags and Klaviyo’s Catalog Lookup function to custom code your own product block. Through using a Text block, you can custom code and simulate a native Klaviyo product block off your own design to reference any of your product’s properties including a regular and sales price field. Some resources I would suggest using to build this are the Django Documentation, Overview of the Catalog Lookup Tag, and Template Tags and Variable Syntax Help Center articles. You may also want to work with your template designer or finding one from one of our many partner agencies to further help you custom build this function.

As another note, if you wanted to display a sales price in addition to a product’s regular price within a flow email which utilizes a dynamic table block; I would suggest reviewing if these two properties are being synced from the event used to trigger your flow. If both a sales price and the regular price are being shared, you can dynamically reference the variable tags for these properties to display within your emails. Here’s some refreshers on using and customizing dynamic table blocks: 

This would further allow you to use the suggestion mentioned by @Paul S of using a strike through for your regular price tag <s> {{ whatever the price tag is }} <s> followed by including the tag to reference your sales price next to it or below it.

Since this threads surrounds an interest in highlighting a price drop, in case you may have missed Klaviyo’s most recent KPE event, I’ve included a summary of the event below. I bring this up because one of the exciting new feature releases during this event was a Price Drop Flow Trigger!

Thank you for being Klaviyo Community members!

David

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

I had my daughter write code for me to at least get an MSRP with a red strike through. But that's not realistic for every time. And then I still had to enter the MSRP pricing manually.

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

I'm wondering if it's a Shopify restriction? I loaded up the Shopify Email app and it's automatically built into theirs. That being said I love the results and dashboard of Klaviyo.