Solved

How to display Shipping, Discount and Total in my Abandoned Cart email

• 23 June 2021
  • 2 replies

Badge +2

Hi guys,
I want to display like this image in my Abandoned Cart Email. Please help me! thank  you so much!

icon

Best answer by David To 23 June 2021, 23:07

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hello @Goduckee,

Thanks for sharing your question with the Klaviyo Community!

I would recommend taking a look at both the About Using Event Variables to Personalize Flows and How to Build Dynamic Blocks in a Flow Email articles to further learn how to customize your Abandoned Cart email with dynamic data such as the Shipping, Discount and Total fields. 

This is due in part to how each integration and how your metrics are structured would be unique to each individual account. For example, if you were using a Shopify integration with your abandoned cart flow being triggered off of the Started Checkout event, a common syntax you can use is {{ event.extra.customer.total_spent }} to highlight the total field. However, if you were using WooCommerce, the common syntax would be {{ event.extra.Items.0.TotalWithTax }}

I’ve also gone ahead and included some similar Community posts that may prove helpful in building your Abandoned Cart email with these dynamic fields below:

If you need further assistance in customizing your email template, I would also recommend finding a Klaviyo partner who can assist on this.

Thanks for being a member of the Klaviyo Community! Have a great day!

David

Userlevel 7
Badge +38

Hi! 

Good question.  So you can pull event variables from the order and have it display in the email.  However, for abandoned cart, I don’t there is an event variable that shows the shipping line.  I just checked it for one of the abandoned carts on my site (that had shipping), but don’t see it.  Maybe a team member from community could correct me here if I’m wrong. 

But, to see what event variables you have to play with, check out this article:

https://help.klaviyo.com/hc/en-us/articles/115002779071-About-Using-Event-Variables-to-Personalize-Flows#emails5

From my experience, I don’t see value in adding that info to the abandoned cart anyways.  The goal of the email is usually for them to click back to go to their cart.  We have 5 sites that we use Klaviyo with and get great return on emails without displaying that info.

Also, another thing to consider is that not all checkouts reach the point where they get to the shipping cost. 

Sorry I wasn’t able to help further, hope that helps a bit.