Solved

How to Optimize Email For Dark Mode!

• 1 March 2024
  • 2 replies

Badge +3

Hi, so I have a question regarding dark mode. My client’s brand color is maroon so we are using this color in emails. And maroon color is turning in pink and purple when someone open the email on dark mode. Whether it’s a maroon text or a maroon button or a dynamic product block, everything is turning in pink or purple on dark mode. Is there any solution, tip or trick? Kindly suggest anything that can help me. Thank you.

icon

Best answer by stam_marko 1 March 2024, 16:50

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hi @Riffat Junaid,

Here are some possible solutions that I can think of:

• Use Dark mode specific CSS (not all email clients support these queries)
  • Inline Styles with important tag (inline styles with the !important tag can help override the email client's default dark mode settings)
  • Transparent PNGs for Buttons instead of Button blocks
  • If the color change is too disruptive, consider designing the email with less reliance on large areas of maroon, focusing more on white or light backgrounds with maroon used more sparingly.
  • ☝️ Educate and offer alternatives: I’ve seen many brands, like Patagonia’s email, being flexible with how emails turn to dark mode. How about you reconsider the persistence of the maroon colour?

Another option would be to maybe stick to the most important brand elements (like CTAs and PNG images) and let the rest visually appealing but not brand aligned?

Hope that helps,

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hi there @Riffat Junaid

To build off of the great advice that @stam_marko shared, while you ultimately can’t control what customers see in the inbox on dark mode, we have some great documentation and threads in the Community like what @stam_marko says above, on how to optimize for it! 

Hope this helps!

-Taylor