Solved

Is it possible to horizontally align 2 block in different colomn ?

• 13 July 2022
  • 2 replies

Badge +1

When using the slit block, the alignment is up to the top of the block. It Is it possible to horizontally align them ?

For exemple, having a text on left align with the middle of picture who’s on right side ?

Thx for answering.

icon

Best answer by David To 13 July 2022, 19:36

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hello @Alex Sopral,

Welcome to the Klaviyo Community!

I think this Community post I’ve linked below may be helpful as it goes over how to put images - or even content side by side!

To horizontally align your text to be centered with an image through a split block though, I think you have two option. The easiest one in my opinion would be to create an image out of the text you want that already has the text centered. So long as it has the same dimensions as the image you want to put it besides, it should line up. The next option would be to simply center the text and then use paragraph breaks to try to center the text with your image. 

I suggest the first option over the second of using an image over text is to prevent any additional CSS optimizations that may be applied through the inbox providers. Inbox providers will typically adjust some of the formatting of texts to accommodate the recipient’s device. An example of this would be inbox providers formatting an email differently when viewed on a mobile device versus as desktop device. Images are more static and are much less susceptible to this. 

If you want, you can take it a step further and design how you want the split block to look as a single image.

I hope this helps!

David

Badge +1

Thank you David for replying !

This help actually, because it’s a solution for another of my problems !

But in that case, I’m not sure using an image for my text is a good solution : that wont allow the automatic reading for people with visual impairment, and some images aren't printed in some mailboxes.

And I’m agree with you for the second option !

Thanks anyway.

Alex