Solved

Is there a way to add customer property values to URLs as parameters?

• 15 February 2024
  • 3 replies

Badge

We have a list that contains a specific value for a custom property. Is there a way to add a URL parameter to email links that uses this property?

Example

Custom property is called Geo. We want to append a URL parameter ?geo={custom property value} to all outbound email links. 

Is this possible?

icon

Best answer by Taylor Tarpley 23 February 2024, 18:02

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hi @darrencarter

Welcome to the Community! 

Do you mean to say that you want to send an email and configure it so that if they click a link in the email, this geo custom property is added to their profile? If so, you can definitely accomplish this in Klaviyo by following  this documentation here

Hope this helps!

-Taylor 

Badge

This is a great feature so thanks for sharing. What I want to do is a bit different, and I did find a way to do it.

I wanted to do a custom property lookup and include the value in an outbound email. Here’s how you can do it.

https://website.com/?parameter={{personlookup:”custom_property”|default:””}}

So far this is manual link by link addition. I’d like to know if there is a setting that can add that parameter to all outbound email links by default.

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hi there @darrencarter

Thanks for giving me more insight here! This documentation will be what you’re looking for in that case! 

Hope this helps! 

-Taylor