Solved

Is there a way to change the product image shown in a dynamic table?

• 12 July 2023
  • 5 replies

Badge +2

Hello - I have a few automations like Abandoned Cart & Browse Abandonment where whatever product is left behind or viewed is in the email that we send to those people. 

Each of our products have anywhere from 2-5 images. They consist of different product images, and a few lifestyle images of models wearing our products. 

Currently, the dynamic image is showing just the first product image. Is there a way we can change what product image is being shown? For example, if we want the lifestyle images to show in the email, is there a variable I can select so a specific image of this product shows up, or it rotates between the 5 images every time?

icon

Best answer by Taylor Tarpley 13 July 2023, 22:31

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hi @peterno

Welcome to the Community! Thanks for sharing your question with us! 

So a dynamic table in our Abandon Cart or Browse Abandonment flows will pull in whatever image comes through in the trigger event. The event pulls the default image URL for the product. If this isn’t the ‘lifestyle’ image or a picture of a model wearing your product, then this will be something you will need to custom code to pull in instead of the default product image. I’d reach out to the developer on your team or one of our awesome partners to help set this up from you!

I wonder if any of our Champions have had any experience with this @retention @In the Inbox @chelsgrove ?

Thanks for participating in the Community!

-Taylor 

Userlevel 5
Badge +18

@peterno I have had similar issues and would love to see a feature in the future where you can pick the image you’d like to see! But in theory, the image you want someone to see in the email would also be the image you’d want to see on the site, so I understand the logic in that sense.

Badge

Hello, I am wondering the same thing. For our automations in Abandoned Cart we would like to figure out how to change to where it pulls from our second media img for all products on the website.

How would I go about getting help with this?

Badge +4

I would like the option to choose which image shows as well for all product blocks. I know some other emails services have this feature. I’ve used it in Constant Contact. 

Badge

Hi there, we’re also interested in adding a metric for the second image on all of our products on our website to use in a cart abandonment email flow. Could you send me the info for next steps as well?