Solved

Is there a way to test the text-only version of an email?

• 2 August 2023
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +17

I typically edit the text-only version of our emails so they look cleaner; I also remove any show/hide content logic, and only include info I want all customers to see. With our next campaign I would like to leave some of the logic in place; is there a way I can send a test email of the text version?

Thank you.

icon

Best answer by Taylor Tarpley 3 August 2023, 18:00

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hi there @JessFosnough

Good to see you again in the Community, happy to help!

I might need some more clarity on which template builder you’re in, but I’ll share some insight on what this would look like in both.

If you want to add some show/hide content logic into your next campaign and are in the normal drag-and-drop editor, but still want to just test the text-only part of the email, I would save your conditional blocks and delete them and have only text left in your email, which you could then easily send a test afterwards.

However, if you’re in the text-only template builder, you will not be able to add show/hide logic into this email and will need to code in the show/hide conditions via HTML.

Hope this helps! 

-Taylor 

Userlevel 5
Badge +17

Hi @Taylor Tarpley

I apologize for the delay in my reply. I am using the normal drag-and-drop editor. And this solution is so simple, I can’t believe I didn’t think of it. *face palm*

Thanks so much for your help!!

Jess