Solved

Klaviyo Dynamic Discount - expiration of use

• 31 October 2023
  • 3 replies

Badge

Hi Guys, 

I would like to set up a dynamic Discount for my welcome flow. 

However I want the discount to be possible to use for the customer within 7 days. So in my understanding it should expire after 7 days. 

But when I set expire after 7 days in the coupon settings, I am not able to add codes and also not able to sent through a flow. 

I need to set not expiry or a fixed expiry date. 

Now I understood that this expiry date is not related to the expiry of codes after sent to a customer but rather how long this coupon is active in my Klaviyo and Shopify. 

So my question is, how can I set up dynamic coupons that will be sent to customers through a flow that expires after several days (so that the customer does not come on the idea to use that code after half a year for example). 

Or do all dynamic coupons sent with klaviyo have the sent time of being active?

Thanks

Max

icon

Best answer by bluesnapper 31 October 2023, 10:47

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +37

Welcome to the community @Max_NOMA 

What you want to achieve is standard in Shopify/Klaviyo so I’m not sure why you’re having issues. Just to check, you need to take the following steps:

1. Create a dynamic discount coupon in Klaviyo with ‘activation at send time’ and ‘expiration after a certain number of days/hours’ (see example coupon below with expiration set to 8 days after send.) Note, I recommend including a static prefix for dynamic discounts so you can easily filter these if you need to in a flow/campaign. 
  2. In the email(s) in your flow, insert the coupon snippet  {% coupon_code 'coupon_name' %} just replace the bold coupon name with yours.
  3. Klaviyo will generate dynamic coupon codes for flows so your flow recipients always get a code. And when using the same coupon snippet, each recipient always receives the same coupon code.

Hope that helps. If not, let me know.

Regards

Andy

Badge

Hey @bluesnapper

thanks for your answer. Yeah I just looked into some other threads and found out that for flows there is no need to create codes manually (which was why I was struggling), cause in a coupon with expiration date there is no button to add discounts. 

But then this is fine for me. 

You mentioned that when using the same code snippet, recepients always receive the same code. 

So does this count for example when I send a reminder of the code using the same snippets? There is not another code being created but they will see the same one as before?

Thanks

Max

Userlevel 7
Badge +37

Hi @Max_NOMA 

Yes. so long as you use the same code snippet, a recipient will receive the same code even if it’s contained in multiple flow emails.

Regards

Andy