Solved

Margins/Spacers between table blocks

• 15 September 2023
  • 3 replies

Badge +2
  • Contributor III
  • 6 replies

Hi

I’ve created a block using 2 columns with tables within each. What I want is two columns with an image and text underneath but I want a vertical space between the two columns . I’m almost there but can’t separate the two - see image below.

I want to add some vertical white  space between these 2 elements

It would be possible to do if the background of the table was white using padding but I’m using that blue colour as the background. So if I insert padding the space between is blue whereas I need it to be white.

I feel like I’m missing something obvious here but let me know what you guys think.

Thanks

Sean

icon

Best answer by retention 15 September 2023, 18:21

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +58

Hi @BROC, did you try using Block padding?

Here I put 5px of padding on the right (for the left table).  And then I added 5px of padding on the left (for the right table).  This creates a total of a 10px of space between the two tables in the column.  I’m not sure if this is what you’re trying to do?

---
Joseph Hsieh // retentioncommerce.com // twitter: @retenion 

Badge +2

Hi Joseph

Thanks very much for your suggestion and that’s it! 

My issue was I was applying the blue background to the block rather than the table. So I applied  the blue background to the table and white to the block. Then as you suggested I applied block padding and I have the below.

Thanks again for your help!

Sean

Userlevel 7
Badge +58

@BROC - glad it worked out for you!  Come back to this community if you need help on anything else.

---
Joseph Hsieh // retentioncommerce.com // twitter: @retenion