Solved

My emails don't send.

• 17 February 2021
  • 4 replies

Badge +2

hello,

i have made a pop up list on my website and 10 people have subscribed but only 1 got a email. i dont know what happening. someone help pls

icon

Best answer by Paul S 8 March 2021, 02:04

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +41

@Bribri16222

The list that you set as destination List maybe has a double opt in option requirement. This mean when people subscribe to your list they will receive confirmation email on their email which they need to click to confirm that they accept to be subscribed..

So this is not 100% but this is what I think it happened. 10 people probably subscribed to the form but only 1 person confirmed their subscription by clicking their confirmation email. 

Double opt in is recommended, but you can turn on single opt in your Settings.

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

@Bribri16222

The list that you set as destination List maybe has a double opt in option requirement. This mean when people subscribe to your list they will receive confirmation email on their email which they need to click to confirm that they accept to be subscribed..

So this is not 100% but this is what I think it happened. 10 people probably subscribed to the form but only 1 person confirmed their subscription by clicking their confirmation email. 

If you don’t see double opt in option in List setting, you should as klaviyo support to enable this option for you so you can see it and be able to turn off. (btw this is only available for paid klaviyo accounts last time I checked since unpaid accounts don’t have access to live chat)

Here is our help center article on two items that would have hopefully helped in this past instance:

How to Verify That New Contacts Are Being Added to a List

Guide to The Double Opt-In Process

Badge +2

Hi, they didnt even receive an email for the confirmation. Only one person which after that they didnt get the discount code. Please help.

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Hi @Bribri16222 

Hoping I can help here!

Paul and Bobi had some great suggestions above so I would definitely suggest reviewing these guides to start the troubleshooting process. 

I am also including this help doc around list triggered flows. Something to keep in mind, you can only trigger a list triggered flow once. If someone is removed from a list and then re-added to that same list, they will not re-trigger the flow. For example, if someone unsubscribes from your newsletter list and then re-subscribes, they will not receive the welcome series again.

If you are still experiencing issues after reviewing the above, I would suggest contacting support with specific examples of people who did not receive the opt-in and welcome series that should have.

Thanks,

Marissa