Skip to main content
Solved

Nested Sections? Duplicating multiple Sections?

• 11 July 2024
  • 3 replies

Am I able to Nest Sections when building my layout? 

When creating a French email, we have a mixed send list of French and English. The language laws in Canada being what they are, this means I have to lead with the French email, and the second half of the email is the original English email.

I use sections judiciously, and creating a second set of them is arduous. 

I’d like to either be able to nest all English sections into an English parent section. Duplicate it, and then translate to French. 

Alternately, is there a way to select ALL existing sections and duplicate them at once, rather than one by one and dragging them to the bottom of the email?

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hi there @Kraegm

Thanks for sharing your question with us! 

While neither of these options are possible in our editor, I’m happy to make a feature request on your behalf! 

Do you mind sharing a bit more about the Canadian language laws that are make you have to show both languages to someone who might only speak or prefer one language? This knowledge could potentailly help me troubleshoot if there’s another way to help! 

Thanks for participating in the Community! 

-Taylor 

Badge

Thanks @Taylor Tarpley !!!

The language laws typically work one way. We are a bilingual country but for most of Canada, English communications suffice.

Quebec has laws in place to ensure that the French language remains relevant and doesn’t get lost as marketing agencies promote English only. As Quebec is a fairly large market for the company I represent they are legally required to produce French speaking emails for that market.

If they are residents of Quebec the communications are required to be in French, and we can tack on English as a second half in deference to the local English speakers who do not read French. You can imagine that no matter how short the emails may be, they still can get quite long once you double their size like that.

Right now my emails are structured like this with up to 12 Sections:

Header Section

• content
  • content
  • content

Section

• content
  • content
  • content

Section

• content
  • content
  • content

Section

• content
  • content
  • content

Section

• content
  • content
  • content

Etc

Footer Section

• content
  • content
  • content

In this situation, duplicating all of those sections is arduous, but I also get questionable/mixed/unexpected results on the duplicated sections in the tweaked/edited mobile versions.

I’d love to be able to either clone them all at once, or contain all of these existing Sections in some sort of a Parent Section in order to clone that Parent Section.

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

I wonder if one of our Champions who lives in Canada, although not Quebec, has any Quebec colleagues who might have had experience handling this? @KatherineB , any thoughts? 

-Taylor