Solved

Order confirmation email customization - syntax error

• 15 September 2023
  • 2 replies

Badge +1

Hello, i wanted to customize the order confirmation email a bit and to do so, i used the email template provided by klaviyo.

I want to show the order total in a different way (discount code, subtotal etc. on the far left, and the actual numbers on the far right) so I created a new static table of 2 columns and i copy pasted the part of the code that interests me in each cell. I attach a screenshot to show you what it looks like now. The issue is that it says there is a syntax error and I can’t find it.

Help please

Thank you

icon

Best answer by David To 15 September 2023, 21:20

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hey @janz,

I’m assuming this is a Shopify notification template you’re working with based on the variables in your screenshot. If so, then this behavior is typical when previewing it within Klaviyo.

Since the Shopify notification templates are meant to be exported for use within Shopify, previewing them in Klaviyo will lead to a syntax error. Klaviyo and Shopify templates do not use the same syntax base. 

If you haven’t already, I would encourage you to review our How to personalize and export Shopify notification emails Help Center article which explains this in greater detail. 

There’s also been a number of past Community posts on this topic. I’ve included some below that may be helpful to review:

David

Badge +1

Many thanks @David To !