Solved

Pasting code via the editor

• 24 November 2020
  • 2 replies

Badge +2

Hi There, 

I’ve tried on a few occasions to paste code via the editor. Opening a new text box, tapping Source and “pasting” when I do tap “Source” all the editor tools go light grey and I see a message in the bottom of my browser saying “Javascript : void (“paste”)”

Any help as to why this is occuring? I’m trying to integrate Four Sixty code into my Welcome Series. 

Thanks.

icon

Best answer by cassy.lee 25 November 2020, 19:34

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Hi there, 

Thanks so much for reaching out!

As it is right now for the vast majority of email clients Javascript is not supported within email templates. What is the end goal you are trying to achieve by placing your code in your Welcome Series flow? 

Best,

Kelsey 

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

@jensam - I wonder if this has to do with some of the API changes from Instagram in June this past year? 

As of June 29th, 2020, Instagram will be deprecating their Legacy API. This API was commonly used by Instagram users & third-party applications to pull Instagram content and generate a feed of recent posts.
Instagram API Changes

I’m assuming that you’re integrating with FourSixty to pull in your feed. If your Instagram feed does not appear to be working in your emails, Klaviyo is likely having an issue retrieving your feed content. You can test or preview your Instagram feed by navigating to the Data Feeds section of your Klaviyo account. Click on the feed that references Instagram. In the upper right-hand corner, click Preview.
Full details on how to do that in this article.

I also recommend checking out this article as well for more details on troubleshooting Javascript in Klaviyo. 

Thanks,
-Cass.