Solved

Photo Alignment/Sizing in Email Templates?

• 9 April 2021
  • 2 replies

Badge +4

Hi! 

I’m looking for information about photo sizing/alignment in email templates - I’ve started creating a newsletter using the ‘product’ feature where all the information and photos are imported from our shopify website, however I keep running into the issue of everything being misaligned due to photo size.

Is there a feature in Klaviyo that allows me to mass align rows? Is there an option within the product feature that would allow me to insert a different photo so that I can replace all the imported ones with those that are all of uniform size? Or am I’m best off using the photo and image caption features and doing everything manually? 

Thanks 

icon

Best answer by Dov 12 April 2021, 17:02

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Hi @BohemianFindings 

Thanks for sharing your question with the Klaviyo community, happy to jump in here!

While using the Klaviyo WYSIWYG editor for templates you’ll have a few options when designing emails. You will see on the left panel of the screen, Blocks and Styles. The Styles tab controls the overall styling of the email such as font’s, link colors, headers, etc. Once you select an individual block in your email you’ll see the Block Styles tab appear on the left. The Block Styles tab gives you much more customization for that specific block to ensure it is formatted to your liking.

If all of your product images are different sizes, you may want to set a “maximum height” that will restrict the size of all images. Keep your max height at or below 200px if you are using 3 columns.

I am including this guide that goes much more in depth about product blocks in Klaviyo. I am also including this overview of the template editor to provide addition information and clarity.

I hope this helps!

Marissa

Userlevel 7
Badge +61

Hi @BohemianFindings,

Thank you for sharing your question with the Klaviyo Community. And thank you @marissanunez for that helpful information.

@BohemianFindings, it may not always be possible to remedy the image size differential within the Klaviyo editor. Therefore, your best bet is to re-size and re-upload the images to uniform sizes in Shopify so we can pull in uniform images sizes into the Klaviyo product block.

Alternatively, if you are using the “select from catalog” option in the product block, you can change the orientation from the default “horizontal” to “vertical” which makes the size differentials more discrete. But I do recommend option 1 as this will fix the root of the problem.

Thanks and have a great day.