Solved

How can I create an order confirmation page for WooCommerce?

• 7 June 2023
  • 5 replies

Badge +2

Hello, I’m new around here and I had today a question from a potential client who uses Klaviyo and WooCommerce so I thought to reach out to see if someone can help me clarify the problem.

What does it mean to design a template for the order confirmation email, based on collected data from the "placed order" page?
Is this a request that makes sense to you?

Thank you to who will have the time to guide me.

icon

Best answer by Ashley I. 9 June 2023, 16:18

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hi @Grungina

Welcome to the Community, happy to help! 

So some ecommerce platforms automatically send an order confirmation email from the integration itself, aka WooCommerce or Shopify, however, a lot of Klaviyo customers prefer to turn off the shop platforms automatic order confirmation and only have it come from Klaviyo so it can better match the brand’s and you can have the metrics from these transactional interactions with customers. 

We unfortunately don't have pre-built order confirmation flows for WooCommerce, nor do we offer a help center guide on creating this particular kind of flow. However, we do have pre-built email templates that you can use in Flows that will pull all items in an order. However, I know one of our Champions @Ashley I. is an expert in WooCommerce, @Ashley I., do you have any advice for our friend here? 

Additionally, since you’re new to Klaviyo, I’d recommend checking out these resources to get you started with a strong foundation! In the Community you can join a user group based on your industry , learn from our experts in the industry, and check out  our Academy courses and live trainings as well!  I’ve linked some Academy courses below that I think would be especially helpful.

Thanks for participating in the Community!

-Taylor

Badge +2

Taylor, thanks SO much, this is more than helpful. Now I get what the client was asking and it makes more sense. 
I think that, although there are no templates for such messages, I can easily build one and create the necessary flow, am I right?
Thank you again and enjoy the weekend,
Chiara

Userlevel 6
Badge +34

Hi @Grungina ,

Welcome to the Community! 

What does it mean to design a template for the order confirmation email, based on collected data from the "placed order" page?
Is this a request that makes sense to you?

With regards to this request, I would assume that the client is looking to include dynamic order details in the order confirmation email such as order number, product details, etc. For most ecommerce stores, customers will see an order confirmation page on-site after placing an order. This page will display all their order details, and is likely what the client wants to emulate in their order confirmation email. 

As Taylor mentioned, there is not currently a pre-built order confirmation flows for WooCommerce. However, there are a number of threads on the Community which discuss how others have successfully configured transactional emails, like order confirmation emails, for WooCommerce using Klaviyo. I’ll link a few below:

It seems the most straightforward way to do this currently is to Use flows to send transactional emails by utilizing the Placed Order metric that is collected in Klaviyo from WooCommerce.

--

​​​​​​​Hope this helps! 

Thanks for tagging me in here @Taylor Tarpley !

-- Ashley Ismailovski

Badge +2

Thanks Ashley, I will have a look at these threads and find out more about the clients request. Can I keep your name in mind if I have another question on the topic? I make sure to make some tests before, of course. Thanks again!
Chiara

Userlevel 6
Badge +34

@Grungina Sure! Happy to help :)