Solved

Product Block - Shopify Notifications

• 2 October 2021
  • 1 reply

Badge +2
  • Contributor II
  • 4 replies

Hi, we want to customize our shopify notifications. However when I export the  code e.g order confirmation or abandoned cart code I get an error massage. I suppose that is because there is a product block included. As outlined here https://help.klaviyo.com/hc/en-us/articles/115005080587-How-to-Personalize-and-Export-Shopify-Notification-Emails

Has anyone found a way around it or do I really need to pay extra for other apps such as orderly to have custom notifications?

icon

Best answer by Dov 4 October 2021, 22:28

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +61

Hello @Elli,

Thanks for sharing this information with the Klaviyo community.

First, ensure that you are exporting directly from this tab in Klaviyo. Only the templates you see in that tab will be congruent with Shopify. This is because Shopify uses separate liquid syntax than Klaviyo. For this reason the abandoned cart emails you export from Klaviyo will not work in Shopify.

The order confirmation template for Shopify, on the other hand, will work if you export the template directly from Klaviyo into Shopify and do not modify any of the code. This template does not have any product blocks by default (though it does use a table block). 

In order to achieve this, my recommendation is to first export the Shopify order confirmation template from Klaviyo and import it into Shopify, and then make any necessary adjustments to the code in Shopify using Shopify’s liquid syntax to ensure you have no problems upon import.

Alternatively, you can disable the order confirmation email in Shopify completely, and manage order confirmations via Klaviyo by setting-up a Klaviyo order confirmation flow. This flow can be found in the flows library and set-up directly in Klaviyo.

Thanks for being a member of our community.