Product feeds shows the same product

• 28 September 2023
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +5
  • Active Contributor IV
  • 42 replies

Hi, everyone,

I feel really frustrated with the recent change of the product feed. 

All my email templates contain not simple boring grid, but a little bit tweaked in order to make emails not such a boring thing. See the example bellow.

These all kinds of grids worked just fine when I could chose from what position to start displaying product feed, as all these blocks are independent in order to make beautiful display.

Now, for some reason Klaviyo removed this button and all the time product feed starts from #1 resulting in displaying the same product all over the email. 

I have contacted support unfortunately with no help.

All my Flows contains grids with various display meaning that I have to redo everything! That’s drives me crazy!

I just don’t understand how could you do this!

I worked so hard to setup everything and now all its gone. It will take me days if not weeks to redo everything. I will lose so much revenue during this time, because I cannot do other things.

I don’t know if anyone could have any suggestion in this situation...

icon

Best answer by Taylor Tarpley 29 September 2023, 20:36

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hi there @Lina

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I am so so very sorry to hear how this change to our product has affected you personally. I am deeply sorry for all the stress this has caused. I know that created a unique email design took a lot of effort and time for you.

As I know our Support member shared, we are continually updating our product to create a better user experience, however, sometimes we don’t always achieve this. To give more insight into the change, we investigated and discovered that very few users use this aspect of the feature and chose to remove it to simplify the UI and reduce code weight in emails. 

However, I have shared your experience and feedback with our team and do have good news, I have sourced a workaround!

Essentially, it involves making a custom product block, and then accessing the feed with {{ feeds.product_feed }}. From there you can access specific numbers of the feed. So one could have each product in a catalog lookup with {{ feeds.product_feed[0].item_id }}, {{ feeds.product_feed[1].item_id }}, {{ feeds.product_feed[2].item_id }}, etc. 

As this is a newer change, I might be able to provide more details for this workaround in the future, but wanted to share this with you now! 

Thank you for sharing your voice with us as we do share your experiences with our team to keep making our product efficient and optimized for our customers! 

-Taylor 

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Thank you @Taylor Tarpley for your answer. It brightened my Monday a little bit.

I hope it will not take too much time and won’t be too difficult to implement this. At least there is a work around.

Our staff is very limited and I want to automate our processes as much as possible. 

Will look at this a little later. Thanks again!

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

I just wanted to pop in and say thank you once again for your suggestion @Taylor Tarpley.

Today, I finally had the time to try your suggested workaround and want to say that it worked. It took about 30 mins to figure out how those custom product blocks works, but finally I did it!

Just want to say to other Klaviyo users that it is not as complicated as it looks. And now as I am able to use those blocks I will be able to use them more in my marketing strategy further automating more tasks.

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hi @Lina,

So happy to hear this! 

-Taylor

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

@Taylor Tarpley I was so exited about this workaround, but now I am not so happy anymore.

I don’t know if I am doing something wrong or it should work in this way. The generated feeds are beautiful and even displayed correctly in Outlook, but… those feeds are only images and do not link to the actual product. Unfortunately, this is not so useful.

To clarify, I do not use any links, product names or buttons below every image. I want just beautiful clean collage like pictured in the first post. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Just a quick note that I have found the solution myself if anyone else is trying or going to try this workaround as I didn’t hear anything from support.

You simply need to add {{ catalog_item.url }} to the image link address to make it clickable and not just a simple image.