Solved

Product Images and Event Properties not populating on all Profiles in Product Block

• 6 March 2024
  • 5 replies

Badge +5
  • Contributor IV
  • 10 replies

Hi

For some reason Product Images and Event Properties are not populating on all Profiles in the Product Block. I have tested by adding and removing the the price and product descriptions, and they both show fine, however the product image doesn't.Also the when the product image doesn't show, the "Shop Now", button doesn't work either.

I have tested it through preview mode and email tests, and the same results both ways.

Some are registered profiles and some aren't. Some are first time visitors and some returning, there seems to be no real pattern. They all have emails as well.

I have checked stock levels, and they all had stock at the time of testing.

This is currently happening in a Browse Abandonment Flow - for Viewed Product.

Any ideas what could be causing this?

Thanks.

icon

Best answer by Taylor Tarpley 26 March 2024, 00:54

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +18

@BTO hey there, thanks for a very interesting question!

The first thing I’m noticing is that, while the ProductID is the same on both screenshots, the price of the product isn’t.

Do you think it’s possible that there are duplicate versions of your product on Shopify with the same ID (maybe an original one that was left on draft and unedited and an updated one), which would confuse Klaviyo and cause it to pull this data randomly from Shopify?

Let’s start with this. If not, then we’d need to look at the back end of your integration a little bit more, which you can do with the Support team.

Happy to chat further!

Badge +5

Hey @StefanUE,

I didn't notice that.

I checked all the 10 previews that are in the flow and it seems that every second one is duplicated. The one that doesn’t show the product or full event details, also doesn't show the tax added either.

My integration is with Shift4Shop, and not shopify, and unfortunately I am still on the free plan, so I can't get Klaviyo support to help me.

Thanks,

Userlevel 5
Badge +18

@BTO Sure, thank you for clarifying!

In that case I think perhaps reaching out to Shift4Shop would be a good next step so they can check this integration for you on their end.

I’m confident the products are either duplicated on the website, or they are being pulled in twice because the integration is not set up well. Klaviyo support would be able to see this on their end, and maybe paying for even the lowest tier Klaviyo account would be beneficial for you in this situation.

Let me know how it goes!

Badge +5

Hey @StefanUE,

I will try Shift4Shop again, but I was told that the actual script was developed by Klaviyo.

There definitely is no product duplication.

Thanks again.

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hi all, 

To close the loop here, I’m going to share what a member of our support team shared about this specific case!

It seemed the issue was one specific product had multiple Console errors on their site that might be causing this issue. Our support team recommended having a developer look into their site to resolve these errors or to reach out to a Klaviyo partner, or better yet a Community Champion, to get this resolved!

-Taylor