Question About Email Question

• 2 September 2021
  • 1 reply

Badge +2

Hey guys, I realize this is a very apparent response, but I'm also aware that each store operates differently based on its location.

But here's my question:

I'm curious whether anyone still allows consumers to send items by email. I've had numerous businesses in my region inform me that they've stopped utilizing email completely check and replaced it with an auto responder.

Now, we do have an auto responder set up, but it tends to be forgotten, and before we know it, we've had 30 to 50 emails from one person providing different files.

I'm simply interested if anybody has found a good disincentive to persuade consumers to use online, self-serve, or BSD 100 percent of the time so that we don't have an email swamped with requests with garbage.

Dov 2 years ago

Hello @mrchrisjordan,

Thank you for sharing this thought with the community.

I am glad you asked this question because finding ways to self-serve is a great strategy to scale your business. My recommendation is to optimize your website to include commonly asked questions about your business -- think shipping times, costs associated with purchases, and commonly asked questions about the product. Including this FAQ information on your site will prevent the customer from reaching out via email about these commonly asked items.

You’ll also want to make it easy for customers to access these items. For example, when you send an order confirmation email, you can include a section in the email asking: “have questions about this product?” which directs them to an area on your site where they can read more about that specific product.

I also encourage you to promote the visibility of these items. Whether that is an email or series of emails saying that you’ve launched an FAQ section on your site or an email linking the customer to where they can find more information. In short, providing the appropriate resources, making the resources easy to access and visible to your customers will encourage them to self-serve. If someone can easily find an answer on their own, they’d rather do that than reach out via email!

I hope that is helpful!

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +61

Hello @mrchrisjordan,

Thank you for sharing this thought with the community.

I am glad you asked this question because finding ways to self-serve is a great strategy to scale your business. My recommendation is to optimize your website to include commonly asked questions about your business -- think shipping times, costs associated with purchases, and commonly asked questions about the product. Including this FAQ information on your site will prevent the customer from reaching out via email about these commonly asked items.

You’ll also want to make it easy for customers to access these items. For example, when you send an order confirmation email, you can include a section in the email asking: “have questions about this product?” which directs them to an area on your site where they can read more about that specific product.

I also encourage you to promote the visibility of these items. Whether that is an email or series of emails saying that you’ve launched an FAQ section on your site or an email linking the customer to where they can find more information. In short, providing the appropriate resources, making the resources easy to access and visible to your customers will encourage them to self-serve. If someone can easily find an answer on their own, they’d rather do that than reach out via email!

I hope that is helpful!